Selling: Delta Cup-30 Seeking: Cup-15

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

When you say the power has a high leg, my assumption is you have this conformation:

If that is the case, why doesn’t he wire it as 3-Phase 240V?

Per the Delta CUP-30 spec sheet:

The system requires 230V, 3-Phase power. Typically motors are rated for +/- 10% voltage variance…so 230+23 = 253V and 230-23 = 207V

That means you can use the system with 3-Phase power ranging between 207 - 253V. I’d call delta to make certain of this, as should you, but…

Save yourself some time and money and wire it as 240 3-phase.

If you have any more questions, let me know

3 Likes

Thank you for the info!!!

Between Delta, the contractor, and electrician - the consensus was needing a $65k transformer and that is a no go.

Electricity is my weakest knowlege base - any input is super valued and I know there is alway more than one way to skin a cat…

1 Like

As long as you have 15amps of 3 phase power to spare…you should be fine in my opinion…

But also if all three of those entities agreed that you need a new transformer, then there might be additional detail i’m Missing out on.

2 Likes

What is your incoming voltage? 120/240 three phase with a bastard/hot leg?

If your voltage is as @TheGratefulPhil described above, it should work just fine. I’m not sure why all your contractors are confused on this, but if you have a 120/240 three phase delta system according to the specs above that’s what it runs on.

2 Likes

Also for what it’s worth, that machine doesn’t take that much power. The stupid lazy/hacky way to deal with that is get a VFD on the line, feed it what you’ve got and set the output at 60hz. Something like a Lenze drive that can handle a high leg feed wouldn’t cost much more than $1000 off eBay by my estimate

Do you have experience with Lenze drives?

I am using an older Delta Control panel that single phases to three phases to drive one of thier own motors.

I have adapted it to a chinese centrifuge with three phase motor but the set up keeps throwing a fault on the controller, obviously because it’s not getting the correct feedback. It works most times, until it gets hot or there is a heavy load twisting back and forth in the fuge.

Do you know anyone i can seek advise from to reprogram or adjust the controller to work better with the chinese motor?

you can get a 3 phase converter for a few grand thats what we had to do

This dude is selling a cup 15 for cheap (20k):

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like