Seeking new job in the industry

Aloha wonderful peeps of Future4200,

I apologize if this isn’t the correct forum to post this but I am currently in the market looking for a new potential company that I can work for, call home, and build/grow with. I am currently a Consulting Extraction/MFG manager for the largest medical marijuana company (Noa Botanicals) on Oahu, HI. I am on contract with them until March 1st and I have been with them since October 2019. I helped upgrade their lab to prepare for the Rec market to hit Hawaii as well as help them with product development and bringing new products to the Hawaii market. We do ethanol extraction and we were stuck on bucket tech until I got there. I proposed a Lab Nordic 100L centrifuge with a cooling system for the washing, a filtration skid instead of our buchner funnel filtration method, Lab Nordic Alcohol Evaporator instead of our 20L AI rotovap, and a Lab Nordic Wiped Film Distillation unit instead of our 2L Summit SPD. I got offered a full time position with them but I will not be accepting it due to the cost of living out here and I have a fiance/wife back home in Colorado that isn’t necessarily to keen on moving 3500 miles away to live in the middle of the ocean. I am open to relocating as long as it isn’t in the middle of the ocean lol. I have been in the industry doing extractions since 2016 working for Venom Extracts, The Green Solution, and Charlottes Web in Colorado. I have experience with alcohol extraction, hydrocarbon extraction as well as CO2 extraction. I also have a degree in Biochemistry from CU in Boulder. I was wondering if any of you kind souls could point me in the right direction or put me in contact with employers that are possibly looking for an Extraction/MFG manager. I really appreciate it and i absolutely love this community and the knowledge that you all have provided!

Mahalo :nerd_face:

3 Likes

your choice of forum is correct.

we do have a classifieds (just moved you there).

there are even jobs posted

maybe this one is still available?

(edit: hadn’t read your skill level or willingness to relocate when I picked that one. just that you wanted CO)

1 Like

Do you have personal sops? Are you willing to step above and beyond? How much money do you have saved?

1 Like

I do have personal SOPs to make a wide range of products including MFG products. I am always willing to go above and beyond to push myself to my maximum potential. I am always looking into new methods to increase throughput/yields and to stay up to date in regards to knowledge of this incredible industry. I have enough money saved up to pay my rent for the rest of the year :rofl:

1 Like

What ever you do, do NOT bring tools or equipment with you.
Get paid up fron for ridiculous work.
Never work more than 40 hours without getting paid.
Almost every employer in this industry is a piece of shit
Never put a job before your health.

Robbing someone who has robbed you is in the bible, so its ok.

8 Likes