Seeking constructive criticism

thanks for the input. I guess efficiency (cannabinoids left on the bone) would be the main point of this post and probably all one could offer input one without a more detailed breakdown of our process.

I am pretty happy with our throughput (about 450lbs per shift) and would always love advice on how to increase that. Although with what we have I think we are maxing it out pretty well

absolutely…this is just a recent batch that we ran. Before any batch I will test the material and plug a new potency number in and the numbers will adjust and give me an estimate

1 Like

I’m sure if you shared photos or gave a description of your extraction setup it would help us find points that could be improved.

Where does this excel sheet live? I havent seen it shared before.

That’s a great idea. As per the sheet I found it on the forum and downloaded it. I believe I just key-worded “extraction calculator” ? If you can’t find it I’ll see if I can dig up the link

2 Likes

Want more yield. You need to load more biomass that’s uniformed packed.

1 Like

here it is…
I have seen this thread but didnt even realize it had a yield calc on it.

3 Likes

I’m open to ideas on this. We ran a lot of trial and error regarding maximum bio mass to soak times to be able to hit max extraction efficiency.

We found our sweet spot to be 4 separate 9lb bags (2 per column) and a 25min soak time. Anything more than that extraction numbers suffered. We do not use an agitation

1 Like

Also why are you decarbing inline? Decarb takes time. Use a reactor. That will free up the CLS for more runs.

We have a separate in line decarb attachment. Fully decarbs in 1.5 hours, is done by the time the next run is ready for decarb. It’s the last step of our process so it’s not as much “in line” as it is attached at the end of the line . Sacrifices 0 time and delivers a perfect decarb

No soak times. The longer you soak the more impurties you will pick up. The best analogy is to think of blast tubes with cans. Use the same principles and apply to the cls. Don’t use a spray ball… they have better spraying alternatives…

1 Like

1.5 hours for decarb? Have you tested your crude to see THCA and THC ratio?

I have. 0% thcA all d9. Average potency of 74% thc

Give Clancy a shout. He is the owner of the company. He is a great guy and can run down the numbers with you.

1 Like

Interesting. No CBN?

.39% cbn

Regarding soak times…I know that’s something a lot of people talk about but we have found with as cold as we run no bad stuff comes out no matter how long we soak. We do a simple in line filtration for particulate and nothing else. Beautiful light gold color on the disty side and light brown crude. Every time

your spreadsheet says CBD. your tags say THC.

I didn’t see where you mentioned solvent of choice.

confused.

1 Like

Apologies. Ethanol and we are a licensed cannabis manufacturer (thc) The calculator said cbd and I never bothered to change it.

2 Likes

@Juice311 assumed hydrocarbons…which is why they suggest no soak.

I saw CBD and assumed ethanol, but it was clearly ambiguous.

2 Likes

makes sense. I duffed that. Thank you for providing clarity !

1 Like

i was thinking cbd as well and assumed an ethanol soak. I guess looking at the tags on the top i would have realized it was thc.