Seeking a co-signer on a hemp property. No funds required, just qualifying on a loan

I’m looking to do a CBG hemp grow next season. I have the support teams and experience to do so successfully. I can fund the entire project myself, unless you want to invest as well. My original background is in finance, having a professional demeanor and experienced in open, transparent business endeavors.

What I’m looking for is someone who can qualify on a home loan. I haven’t had consistent taxable income since entering this field, which is what’s required to find a low equity loan. I do, however, have all the resources needed. I’d like someone to take ownership of the house, and rents it to me as a landlord.

I’ll pay everything, down payment, full year of rent in advance, etc. And you can keep the house, which will go up significantly in value since it’ll be a hemp farm. I’ll also give you equity on contract, for proceeds from white label, taxable hemp. The proceeds going to you alone will be high enough to spark your interest, minimum six figures per year, most likely 250k-500k per year. The properties I’m looking at would qualify for a standard loan, ranging from 370-450k.

Please reach out to me at:

Dankeridgefarm@gmail.com

Warm regards,

Luke

:thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

4 Likes

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to ask. Paying a full year of rent along with closing costs, and having early termination fees equivalent to any number of months the property is unoccupied, in such an event, should mitigate most of the risk. I’d be open to signing a multi year lease as well, along with each successive year’s renewal decided 4 months in advance, for added cushion. Hemp properties for lease are in such high demand in Oregon that they literally don’t last a week when listed, easily asking 50k a year up front. Looking at listings, properties that have been modified for hemp fields are fetching 30% higher than market value. I believe having recourse on what to do in case of a emergency replacement would be a primary concern for the person who’s name is on the property, and these figures should help in mitigating those concerns.

So are you ‘funding the project entirely on my own’ or are you looking for a loan or a cosigner? You’re sending mixed signals my friend

1 Like

I’m looking for someone to sign on a home loan, but I’m paying for it including mortgage for a year, with premium to make it a traditional rental. They will be the official owner, and renting to me like a landlord would. The reason I’m doing this is because the less up front funding to acquire a property, the more can go towards a larger hemp grow. That is why I’m also going to give an equity share in every harvest. Once the harvest is complete and begins selling, the relatively small fees for the property will become a moot point.

So you have an agreement of sale with the current property owner, a residential lender on board with making a loan to an unknown party for a commercial operation, and purchase contracts for all of the hemp you’re going to produce next year? Oh, and you only want a one year lease?

So you have an agreement of sale with the current property owner: I have a few properties on radar that are for sale that meet the qualifications for hemp cultivation.

A residential lender on board with making a loan to an unknown party for a commercial operation: Yes, several local lenders. This is for a home loan, you do not need a commercial loan to cultivate hemp. The “unknown” party only needs to qualify for a loan, the lower the down payment the higher our return.

And purchase contracts for all of the hemp you’re going to produce next year? Yes, I have dozens of outlets eager to purchase hemp products for which I can prove in private. I’m putting most of my savings into this, I have a lot at stake. The signer has nothing to lose besides at worst putting another tenant and making at least 50k on the spot, or selling for much more than market because it’s built out for hemp.

Oh, and you only want a one year lease? I mentioned I’d do a multi year lease, which is preferable. However, even with a one year return, $250k+ for the signer is a solid return and I’d never leave without 4-6 month warning which would be on contract along with early termination fee to secure a cushion for the signer.

Your best bet would be to find a seller willing to hold the note on a property.

5 Likes

This would kill two birds with one stone and is not as abstract of an agreement as the OP proposed. I think you just saved him a lot of confusion/sacrificed profits

The closest situation to that is owner carry, in which I’d be putting 200k or so down. With that much funding going to the property I’d be sacrificing a good ten acres. Every seller has their story for moving out, and to get to the seller I must go through a listing agent. This proposition is close to impossible. If you know any brokers that would want to find a seller like this, I’d give them a handsome finders fee as well as equity.

I have a 150 acre farm in Oregon that I am leasing out. I would consider multi-year lease.

$150k for one year. $250k for two years.

This farm would easily cost $1.5 mil to purchase. The land is flat and fertile, and all usable.

1 Like

Edited

Thank you for the offer. while it’s a larger plot that I myself want, which would cost $ millions to handle, I might have a few investors that will jump on board with me. Otherwise, if you are open to lease a smaller section of the farm I’d be open to that as well. There is nothing in the hemp bylaws that would prohibit more than one cultivation operation

Yeah I feel you. I’ve considered dividing it up, just not something I want to deal with at this point.

I am paying 7.5% finder’s fee, however. So if you do know some folks, who are serious and have the capital, definitely hit me up.