Seeding

I can only assume that because u added the Crystal’s first, the solvent levels were too high and u simply just dissolved everything again…I agree with what stonejh77 is saying, but in response to that, if the solvent levels are too high then nucleation wont occur…I’m speaking from experience so u can go ahead and get all the big sick u’d like…I’m a vagina guy myself lol from what ur telling me I would be willing to bet that ur solvent level was too high initially and now that you’ve somewhat reach a saturated solution, (again speaking from experience, I literally had this exact problem but I waited 6 f****ing weeks with absolutely no results and finally was able to facilitate some growth after 2-3days of what I’m about to tell u) I would cryo my jar once again…get your jars as cold as possible (i used frozen salt water because I was out of dry ice at the time and my results were as followed. Cryo your jars and open them when contents inside are completely frozen. Once u open the jars your contents should be frozen. (Extremely thick consistency almost like a mild toffee, I even had a small puddle of solvent blend sloshing around ontop of everything)(which also re-inforces the theory of too high of solvent levels because when I opened my jar the first time everything was still liquid, and then when I had opened it the 2nd time everything was “not frozen frozen” but ultimately thicker like I said almost like a soft toffee texture)I then shoved a lab spatula(steel tool similar to a dabber) down the side of the frozen jar in attempts to bury my seeds . Once I placed the crystals along the bottom/side of the jar I attempted to slightly bury them with the “thick syrup sauce” PPEERRRRIIOOODDD
Like I said, I had my jar sit for honestly 6 weeks with absolutely no reaction, (that’s over a month by two weeks in case stonejh77 had a hard time figuring out the math :stuck_out_tongue: I’m just bugging ya bro lol) and after messing around with it I had excellent growth literally on like the 3rd day… things started off slow and I added a good amount of Crystal’s as well, and then it was like all of a sudden, BAM the sugar started growing…
So a solid point of reference in my opinion (if your unsure of what to do)would be when you cryo your jars look to see how long the solution stays thick for. Assuming u have a nice saturated solution the contents should remain thick and “syrup like” for quite some time at room temp before thawing back out.
In all honesty it wouldn’t hurt to try and seed it again like I mentioned. Worst case scenario u up the THC-A levels lol and if shot really goes south…for what ever reason then just whip it up and have some daannkk budder/crumble :pray::pray:

2 Likes

Here’s a question to stonejh77, do u think you could crystallize a solution of 10mg of thc-a dissolved in 10 litres of solvent lol hmmmmm??

using water as the supersaturated solvent one would use 28g in 10liters…

Never but look at his pictures, do you really think those are over saturated? Might be adding to much info for the less enlightened, almost straying, him off, only bc of the pictures though, if he would have had pics of really see thru light colored solution, not honey like at all, I would completely be behind the whole to much tane left…I’m just trying to make sure the right information is placed at the right situation, for some of us this can get really confusing, I went through all that! And not knowing what they know already can get really confusing

2 Likes

You may try dropping a few degrees as well, try 85 for example. Good luck please report back with progress.

1 Like

Thanks I dropped it down to 80 and let’s see what’s happens.

Be patient, remember, your growing crystals, this process isn’t over night

Edit…

Some might would think it’s a budder happening, but nope, this stuff is completely clear golden when jarred… See yellow swirls… That’s the start of simple sugar

Now with the strong Tek it looks like different bc you already gathered thcA on bottom, if you didn’t get it successfully on bottom then your looking for something close to this to start happening, then just wait…I purged that pic before jarring though, I do lil both, jarred before Purge and after, just according what my plans are.

Main thing, with time those will turn

2 Likes

And by the way here’s what happens to a jar it doesn’t seal good and is leaking still crystallizes just fine just sugar size pieces ,this was separated with the cryo ,Style strong Tech ,but I had a leak because I didn’t use a mason jar ring style jar which was my dumb fault

All of this was a see-through golden consistency before it started nucleation and yes separating it with the dry eye separation pushing the THC to the bottom definitely speed things along but without proper seal you get sugar. . The lower and slower the evaporation, lower as in temperature the bigger the crystals you’ll get

2 Likes

Thank u very much for all the input

Bring your temp down 80° to 85°

1 Like

I have 2 runs that have been jarred and sitting at 85-90 degrees for 4 weeks now, seeded both about week ago and still have not seen much growth from one, and the other seems to have dissolved the seed crystal. Any advice on how to get these to start dropping out? Other 4 jars next to them are doing just fine, no seeding necessary, so I was thinking it could be either from not enough solvent left in the jars, variance in strain, or a lack of thca to drop out… want to get some advice on here to make sure I don’t end up with a big batch of terp sauce. One strain is cookies and cream, that one kept the seed crystal and started to form small diamonds around the seed but has now stopped and hasn’t formed any more for 4 days. Second one is Amnesia Haze, that one dissolved the seed crystal inside. Was also considering dumping that run into a smaller jar to increase pressure and reseeding, but don’t want to lose any sauce from the transfer so trying to avoid that if possible. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

You guys are all over complicating this extremely simple process. there is a sweet spot of getting your oil to the proper saturation point. I have found the secret to mine by some signs when getting to the last bit of recovery during my run so you’ll have to play around with it until you find yours because everyone’s machines and running sops are a little different. Strains and how well there grown can also play a big role. Do experiments and find ones that work well. If you have a good strain and the extraction is done cold and fast no seeding is ever needed and neither is that cold crashing tech. That shit is for cbd. Good cured flower or Fresh frozen if done correctly should start crashing in a few hours. my live runs crash in 5 days to a week with no cold or seeds ever. Filter tech runs crash crazy fast and are done in 4 days. If you arnt getting those results your doing something wrong or need to grow better weed.

9 Likes

7 days regular Fresh Frozen

4 days Fresh Frozen crc

12 Likes

solid work j12 you are totally right people try to make it much more confusing then it is, thanks for showing whats possible if you dial your system and sop in!

3 Likes

After reading this entire thread then reading your reply, I totally agree. I can see how confusing it might be for someone just now trying to make thca diamonds. But yeah, a well processed strain should crystallize on its own without having to manipulate temps. Just pour a 1/3 or so in jars, place in a dark cool place(cabinet or something) and don’t fuck with it. This requires patience. 2cents :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Of course man. Happy to help if i can

I agree. a lot of people don’t have patience haha

1 Like

Idk I have jars EAT seeds crystals that was totally degassed… idk every time.id add it would eat them

I assuming since the material wasn’t mine it was to old or sprayed w something weird

I use to think I could crystalize pretty much anything especially w crc. Then I found out I was wrong w mystery material

Will high concentration of thc and terps dissolve thca at 90f and keep it dissolved. I eventually gave up

Will high concentration of thc and terps dissolve thca at 90f and keep it dissolved. I eventually gave up

depends on the saturation level, if its dissolving its under saturated. You want super saturation, so either add more thca or reduce the solubility by reducing the temp.

1 Like

Tried all this on each batch…can some.batches be so low on thca that it just ain’t happening

I’d like to call myself the sugar master and when I had this happen to me using others material I was shocked esp after crc

1 Like