Seed vendors and breeders

While this site is more focused on extraction, I’d like to start a thread on experiences with seed vendors and breeders in the hemp field. Information on how the companies were to work with as well as how the genetics performed is welcome. Please keep any criticisms of companies within the community guidelines.

Here is a list of companies I’ve spoken with recently and had an excellent customer service experience (haven’t tried their genetics yet):

Liquid Mellow - Friendly, provided timely COA’s and pricing.
Alterra Hemp - Victoria was an absolute pleasure to work with so far, providing extensive information on her genetics with quick responses and timely follow up.
Windham Farms - Excellent customer service, provides genetic sex testing kits on large orders so you can select a random sample for testing (does use Phylos a.k.a. Cannabis Monsanto, for the testing), timely answering of questions, extensive supporting documentation.
Colorado CBD Seed - One of my favorites, quick to reject their own strains that may not meet my needs. Provided excellent documentation and quick response.

Duke Kurick - Formerly of Widespread Hemp in Oregon. Excellent breeder with high quality genetics that I’ve grown and harvested. Extremely knowledgeable on all things cannabis. (Disclaimer: We’ve become friends over time, but I stand by my review of his performance and abilities).

Hopefully that will get this thread jump started. I’m currently searching for 2020 genetics and the number of sketchy companies out there is mind blowing.

Anyone doing feminized autoflowers cbd or thc?

Yup, there’s a few out there. Most of the autoflower hemp plants finish <3’ tall though.

Edit: Check out Auto Tsunami from Alterra.

I grew a few plants of Rogue and Umpqua, seed from which I think originally came from Industrial Seed Innovations. Both flowered way too early for my Illinois climate. They were planted out as early as any other variety. The Umpqua was worthless and yielded next to nothing. The Rogue grew nice plants, but finished in late September. Yield on the Rogue was about 1/4th of my T1 or Cherry Blossom, both of which were originally bred in Colorado. My question at this point, will all genetics from Oregon do the same thing in my climate? I would like to try cbg, but most came from Oregon CBD originally.

1 Like

Sorry to ask, but did you have any obstructions that may have resulted in a loss of active daylight? For instance, we had a farmer plant on the NE side of a large hill. His plants went into flower 3 weeks before ours, growing from the same seed batch.

I have feminized autoflower seeds for sale. Shoot me an email at kyledev22@yahoo.com. I can send over COAs and provide some more details. Happy Friday!!

Hey Kyle, thanks for the response. What is the average height of the genetic before harvest?

Nope, light was the same. I also saw the same result across two other local farms growing the same varieties.

I just counted, via a small sample, my seeds from last season. Processing seeds is a pain. I am still figuring out how to grind buds without damaging the seed. I have a little over 100k. They are my own cross. Wife x T1, feminized. I don’t want to have to sell seed. It is too much work to build credibility. It is a lot easier to sell plants in season.

1 Like

Have you heard of Hemp Processing Partners?

They’re a company out of Colorado who specialize in separation and cleaning of seed, and cleaning of biomass as well. They offer equipment for sale and also can come to your location and process for you. Might be worth considering if you have a lot of processing to do.

2 Likes

Thanks for the link.

1 Like

www trilogeneseeds com. 40+ cultivars designed specifically for whatever climate needs you have. F1 parent stock. Shoot us an email or email me direct. 99+% feminized 90-98% germination rates all third party verified. 5 free potency tests throughout the grow to help ensure compliance. Best flower at the CBD Mountain Expo. What else could you ask for?
Generic - Sales@trilogeneseeds.com
Direct - Chris.Trilogene@gmail.com

1 Like

@Estokha

As for your original post, FYI Liquid Mellow is only brokering seed from a breeder collective here in Oregon.

I know because the guys who created their genetics have their operational base about 5 minutes down the road from me. Really nice set up, 40 acres, a dozen greenhouses all hepa filtered, etc.

I personally bought and ran 10k seeds from them this past year and was happy with the result. Low total THC, very nice terp profile, good structure, dense buds, good yielding, very pretty & presentable flower.

Mainly though, they checked up on me throughout the season, offered assistance when i needed it, helped me line up workers, even helped sell the flower. Great guys who are trustworthy and in it for the right reasons, and have really nice genetics too.

1 Like

I’m wanting to make a few purchases on strainly.io

has anyone bought or know of the vender “Sharkbite Cutz”?
Or Danny Dank?

1 Like

I’ve never heard of them but let us know how they turn out if you try them.

1 Like