Seed Giveaway: Exclusive In-House Genetics From A New Southern Oregon Breeder

Besides knowing the information and methods to growing and breeding, the most important thing is to have the love and passion for it to create something great.

2 Likes

Welcome to the future @ILucky!

I agree on the love and passion, and would add dedication to the mix to be a good breeder of anything, plant or animal.

Another good point, one should grow many different plants of each strain they plan on breeding with, to become familiar with the parent strains, their phenotypes, habits, morphologies, and requirements. Only then should selections be made to breed with.

After making a cross, the breeding comes with making IBL’s to stabilize for desired traits and breed out any bad traits. There may be amazing traits locked in recessive genes that will never be apparent in an F1.

It’s like dog breeding. Puppy mills mate two of whatever. Purebred bulldog x purebred bulldog = purebred bulldog to a puppy mill, but in no way does that mean it is a dog that will even meet the breed standards. A legit breeder is familiar with the bloodlines that they bring into their own. They will have researched records of awards of the ancestry of another bloodline, and have seen some of the dogs from that bloodline in action. Even then, great breeders are rare when the uninformed masses think all you need to guarantee a great dog is AKC papers.

Finally, if one wants to establish themselves as a breeder, they should only offer tested strains for sale. Anything that hasn’t been tested in large numbers for consistency and hermies should only be offered as free testers. Customers won’t keep coming back if they have to pay to be beta testers.

4 Likes

Lol, breeders, hammers…

5 Likes

:1st_place_medal: Congrats to @Dr.stanky @SubstituteCreature @Curious_Roberto @AgTonik and @Greenleafpro as your replies with breeding tips have the most likes. I’ll reach out via message to arrange shipping.

:mega: Shoutout to @Bandit0 @Ballziez and @BigM as your replies were especially well thought-out and informative. And to @Demontrich for the impressive meme!!

:man_student: Thank you very much to Cthulhu, Cloner, Autumn_Ridge_Hemp, WeedThePeople, FocusHempCo, and ILucky for the excellent tips!

:blue_heart: And big thanks to those who have shown opposition to the fact that we are purposefully pollinating our precious pot, for these people’s condemnation can be easily understood.

“Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.”
Albert Einstein

8 Likes

Can I ask you give my seeds to @BigM?

He put in a lot more effort than I did tbh, any time I see something like this I’ll always add the kiss idea.

Edit: really any other of the people who added to the tips. I’d prefer someone uses the beans, I’m space limited and I have quite the lineup already that needs to be popped.

8 Likes

Hey, no shout out for a meme attempt?
:roll_eyes:

Lol

I was starting to feel like a red headed step child.

No offence to reds, I love me some red head chickas

9 Likes

Updated with shoutout for the meme, love it :smiley:

6 Likes

Yeeee! Let’s make these bad girls dance! @DapperDabMan I do believe you are owed a few of mine for alerting me to this

$GME be like... - Imgur

7 Likes

This will be my first 9 lb. Thank you so much. I have a feeling when I tell the wife she may take them. @Killa12345 is this one of those what she doesn’t know won’t hurt her?

3 Likes

YAAASSS. Thank you!

2 Likes

Right on, thank you @Curious_Roberto!! :slight_smile: I appreciate the complement and you sharing. I don’t get the chance to share things that aren’t already common knowledge here, so it feels great to know someone appreciated my input. :slight_smile:

I’ll be sure to give them a great home. Thanks for the giveaway, and best of luck to your breeding endeavors @StayAwaySeeds!

4 Likes

Congrats, man! Should be one hell of an addition.

4 Likes

I thought this was sound advice (albeit In the form of sarcastic commentary)

That mugatu guy is so funny, I wonder if he is his own favorite comedian or something…

3 Likes

That is sound advice, true. Growing new strains that nobody has ever smoked is a lot of fun… and is also a challenge because it requires more learning about plant physiology.

Reasons to grow seeds:

• Smoke new strains
  • Learning, reading, studying
  • Having fun doing something new in the greenhouse

Might want to rename thread to seed tips… tons of great info…

2 Likes

Thanks for the thread and the chance at a prize, @StayAwaySeeds. Very generous of you.

2 Likes

That’s some old school stealth seed shipping. Can’t wait to pop them. Thank you again @StayAwaySeeds

12 Likes

You’re welcome, I would love to see any updates or pictures on how the seeds perform, positive or negative. We can only learn so much from our 2 grow sites. Thanks all!

3 Likes

Msg sent…

1 Like

The wife just tossed me this and asked what I was going to play it on. :rofl::+1::+1: can’t wait to see the goods

8 Likes