Sciphi hydrocarbon system

Anyone seen this?

4 Likes

Maybe @MagisterChemist has?

2 Likes

I have now… they seem to make some pretty awesome stuff but i also dont see a lot of people sharing their experiences with them yet.

The throughput claims and power requirements are pretty impressive though!

3 Likes

Haven’t heard.of anyone using this rig, but from what I understand their equipment is generally very high quality if you can afford the price of admission.

4 Likes

I haven’t seen it run in person though i’ve seen some results from it. I believe they are planning to set up a public demo location in the next month or two.

3 Likes

Hi F42K fam! Im the co-founder and tech director at SciPhy Systems, and the HVH50 is a project that has been my focus for the past few yrs. SPS in collaboration with 710Scientific have been grinding for a lil over 2yrs now to make this extraction platform as productive and efficient as possible - motivated by pure passion for the hash’n - and the increasing need for decreased operational expenses of hydrocarbon extraction, which is more critical than ever to financial success of processors in todays markets. Were super stoked to bring this unit to market as its taken alot of prototyping to get to this point.

Were currently in the last phase of fab and assembly of the 1st commercial HVH50 skid (not our developmental prototype) which will be installed in OR right as harvest begins to roll in. We will be welcoming members of this forum to come check it out in action. I look forward to the coming months being able to finally discuss the distinguishing features in detail while the skid itself is in operation.

15 Likes

Where in Oregon? I’m in Eugene. I would love to come take a look.

2 Likes

I’ll be in the area next month I’d love to stop by with my coworker as well!

1 Like

Out in Hillsboro, I will make sure to let you and @NewLevelProcess know in the weeks before!

is the pour out spout off the floor?

2 Likes

Are there photos of this system that aren’t 3D renderings? Always feel weird when companies post the same 3D renders 15 times.

I almost wonder why I ask. I get the same vague answer from any company that I ask this question too. (NDAs, investors, some other garbage excuse)

6 Likes

I totally get it! Actually is one of the reasons I haven’t even mentioned it here - I would rather show, than tell…
Our prototype unit (we’ve been running, modifying, hacking for a couple yrs now) is in no shape to show the whole system - for a couple reasons - one being its ugly as fuck, which would distract from its operational attributes and just isn’t an example of the kind of systems we would ever build to be sold. Its been subjected to a lot of abuse and modification along the development and optimization journey.

If I was showing the prototype not as an equipment manufacturer, but as a processor, then it would fit right in with the pics of a lot of hot rodded systems posted on this forum.

What we do have are pics of the fab and assembly process of the first commercialized unit which we are in the middle of building now - which the CAD model represents. By commercialized I mean - design/build for safety, cleanliness, compliance, ease of install and operation.

If your in the OR area and wanna come out to see the actual HVH in its full form, in operation in the coming months, we have made sure to make it possible to bring in outside guests to see it in action and talk shop - even if your not in the market for a new extractor.

Here’s a pic of the build progress, better than a CAD model, but nothing will beat sharing full vid/pics of the HVH50 in its full glory, crushing thru boxes n dispensing oil.
HVH fab 072122

7 Likes

Anyone seen this machine in action yet?

Management asked me to take a look at this set-up yesterday.

1 Like

They just finished commissioning the first one in Oregon. I think they said they would be offering demos on it at that location.

2 Likes

@CollectiveObjective Y’all showing them off anywhere, buddy?

4 Likes

They have it set up in Beaverton but I think it’s still stuck in permitting.

2 Likes

Sorry for the delayed reply here, spending most of my days gearing up for “race day” - the day we have all AHJ/OLCC blessings to put some tane in the tanks, bio in the column and let’r rip.

We will be offering demos for anyone interested in seeing this beast in action. Washington County is definitely not the easiest to build in, but not the worst I have seen. At this point, I dont want to give a date and jinx it…but were very close. Other than that, im doing odds/ends like tank internal cleaning/passivating and whatnots.

We will also give tours of the skid now, but I cant demonstrate its capabilities until we get the go-ahead.

Stoked to have you out @poolplayer! Shoot me a DM and we can connect via phone in the meantime if you’d like to talk tech specifics. Im not a sales guy. Im the cofounder and tech director at SciPhy and love talking tech.

3 Likes

We should go see…

9 Likes

We absolutely should!

6 Likes

Would love to have yall forum homies over to see it in action - even if your not shopping for an extractor! Guaranteed that the SciPhy instagram account will be shouting it from the roof tops when we’re able to hit the gas and scheduling formal demos. In the meantime if any of you want to swing though and talk shop, DM me here and we can coordinate!

8 Likes