Scientific harvest right settings/sop needed

I have a Scientific Harvest right freeze dryer looking to make quality hash, and If anyone is nice enough could you give me a nice 5 step setup to begin with?

Steps 1-5 are in the search bar located on the main page.

5 Likes

@SubstituteCreature might be able to assist

4 Likes

Ok so not a lot of people know this and I want to make this way more well known.

HARDWARE-WISE THERE IS VERY LITTLE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE HARVEST RIGHT HOME UNITS AND THE HARVEST RIGHT PHARMA UNITS ASIDE FROM A PRETTY FINISH (black is better. don’t be a fuckin` showoff with that stainless steel).

So one of the features they touted on their units was that you can UPDATE THE FIRMWARE, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! BECAUSE THEY MIGHT LEARN HOW TO FREEZE SOMETHING OTHER THAN COLD TEMPERATURES! BUT! They used that feature to fuck most consumers out of being able to dry their hash at a nice nice temp, so first thing you need to do is check the firmware. If you’re not comfortable fucking with firmware and all that, run screaming if you’re past version 4.00.0 because your target temperatures are 30-40f for drying - if your firmware is past 4.xx (I forget which exact revision they locked this out) you can only dry at 75f AND by default your machine is set to 115f. They want the deep pocketed hash assholes to go buy the pharma.

To sum it up - Remember years and years and years ago when Nvidia had one of their geforce cards like 400 bucks more expensive but had the same motherfucking hardware but different software? DINGINDINGDINGDINGDINGDING.

Since i’m feeling nice today…

So with that being your first step… and assuming you either have it remedied or just don’t give a shit…

Connect the vac pump - obviously filling the oil (assuming oil filled pump) to the fill line and be very careful to only do 3-5 runs before switching out your oil if using the basic bitch pump which I have myself. Works fine see no need in changing right now.

Power on your unit (heh heh…he said unit…) and run the diag. test. I know when I first got my machine it was running a 5.xx firmware and you got to that menu by (on the main menu) pressing the dot on the top left of the screen. Close the door, make sure the water output inlet or whatever the hell you wanna call it is closed so the machine will hold vac/freeze properly. I would consult your manual for proper protocol here but the long and short of it is that you want to make sure it’ll go to the levels you need before you waste a perfectly good run of hash. That shit is expensive.

At this point I would say everything is just prep for your run. I freeze the amount of trays I think i’m going to need and use the other two just for transport. I personally like to toss what I’m making in the freezer so I feel no obligation to rush around and make mistakes. Do a wash. Pop it in the freezer (not freeze dryer). Do a wash. Pop it in the freezer. Keep your mounds of bubble relatively flat, if you have big fat piles you’ll have 80% dry workable material and the center will be a gooey nougat core. I always make sure to have a good layer of parchment down on every tray every time.

Post freeze I like to use a nice frozen sieve to bust up the chunks of freezie-dried goodness onto a surface about 2-3 pages of parchment wide so I don’t fuck it up and overshoot whatever surface area i’m using and then dump it into a jar that i’ve also lined with parchment paper. Sometimes using a smaller dixie cup or some sort of cylindrical object does well in this scenario.

15 Likes

@SubstituteCreature Thanks for taking the time to respond, I do know how the process works, but I just upgraded to the scientific, and has more settings that I’m unsure how to use.

As is the 5 steps on the first page/ temp and time, the second page has vacuum time and cold trap time, the 3rd page has ramp time F/ etc.

2 Likes

Any luck with this? Same boat

You don’t need a pharmaceutical harvest right. The standard harvest right can be flashed with the pharmaceutical software and it unlocks the low shelf limits.

Run pharmaceutical software on home rig:
Freeze for 9 final dry for 9, for shelf limit 35 will take most of the moisture out but will need a final air dry. 55 will be dry as a bone.

If anyone has questions let me know :grinning:

6 Likes

My harvest right is a few years old and it allows me shelf temperature settings as low 10°f. Would flashing the scientific software provide any benefits? Would it cycle the pump different? Thanks and welcome to f4200.

Thank you

When I run it with the scientific version, it appears to do the same exact steps with a slighty different GUI. I would guess, if you can go that low then you should be fine.

I am not 100% sure, as I didn’t ask them that

2 Likes

still helpful. thanks again G.

3 Likes

Glad to help, bro!! Hopefully the stuff you’re making is sick!!

3 Likes

Hi. I have a Pharmaceutical software Firmware 5.2.18hP. That software version allows you to switch between all three software versions. The setting I am still playing around. I did locate the patent for CryoCure and in that document the have information on the specific temps, times, and pressures for different batch run outcomes. (see attached Patent)

I am targeting flower dried to 15% moisture content so I can Press Live Rosin. I have not had success yet. Apparently plant genetics play a part as well. During freeze drying the plant structure is changed, slightly. example of this is the air dry flower the stem snap is crisp when done and plant is about 8-12% water content. when we freeze dry the stem material becomes like a hollow matrix similar to foam. This is too dry. I have had success with getting fresh frozen plants to 50% moisture then air drying for 24-48 hours, this is fine product for smoking but not for Rosin. It is very light as well, so volume of material is not the same gram for gram as air dry flower. This reduces the toral dry time to 4-5 days (24 deep freezer, 12 freeze dyer, 48 air dry) from 16.

I have noticed if I let the machine do all the drying that it will pull our terpenes if the shelf temp is raised above 35F. So the end product has THC/CBD rich but the terpene profile is significantly reduced (smell and taste). Also the entourage effect of terpenes is missing so you get only a head high but the burning process is clean no coughing.

When I use my heat press I am not able to extract any oil… this is huge issue. It is fine to extract THC/CBD when I use ethanol, or olive olive oil but heat solventless heat extraction does not work, the material is too dry. I have not attempted bubble hash yet as I am not comfortable with the process just yet to waste on these experiments. It seems that the vacuum pressure when it drops below 500 mT removes Terpenes. So far I have not found a way to prevent the chamber pressures from dropping below 500 mT. Sublimation process works best between 500-600 mT, however the chamber will pull a deep vacuum at 200mT which is problematic. I am hoping the setting I experiment with will allow me to get to an end product which is acceptable for making Live Rosin solventless from Flower as I use the spent “pucks” and materials for infused oils and edibles. Hope this was helpful. My current settings are -30F freeze, 2 hours, 4 hours vacuum freeze, 25F shelf temp 4 hours dry time. I also use parchment paper on the top and bottom of the tray to prevent oils sticking to may tray and underside of the top of the shelfs. The shelves int he Pharma modal are to low (height) so I ordered the home shelve. There is only a sensor difference on the Scientific model to better control the shelf temp between the Phama and Home. You can order those as well, but that is not my issue. Good Luck!!

CryoCure-Patent-US20200191480A1.pdf (2.1 MB)

1 Like

I think it would be more effective to go from freeze dried bubble to rosin instead of freeze drying the flower.

3 Likes