Scientific 710 Hydraulic Column Packer / Unpacker clancy@scientific710.com

Edited

I have one of these, best thing in the entire lab, wouldn’t set up a lab with out one of these.

I’ve used mine damn near every day now for the last year and a half :white_check_mark:

For everyone asking I run 6x36” columns with 14.5 # lbs in the columns

To start I hand pack to the top with a bat lol, about 6.5-7.5 lbs, and then use the iron fist with a single hinge clamp, super quick and easy, it packs it down about half way remove the iron fist and continue to hand pack, once reached the top of the columns again I put an 6x18” extension on with single pin clamp, and pour/ pack the remaining material in to the extension, put the iron fist on with single pin clamp tightly and make sure to put a sharpie mark 18” down on the ironfist shaft or what ever your extension is, — there are little magnetic beads /buckey balls that stick to the shaft show you how far down the head of the ram is in the column. :white_check_mark:

You’d be very very surprised that the yield isn’t lost either, I believe that it is so tightly compacted that the gas is forced to push the resin where ever the flow is directed,

Not sure why people are having problems flowing in to their material columns, I inject gas at 50-60 psi and never have noticed any difference wether there be 8 lbs or 14.5 lbs in the column seems to be the same flow rate, my 6x36 holds about 20-21lbs of gas when it’s full and takes no longer than 2 minutes to fill I usually throttle the gas anyway.

As far as figuring out how much material you can fit in your columns it’s double what ever you can hand pack that’s guaranteed, you just need a hopper column that works with your volume,

A 6x36” volume is 1017
8x48” 2412
That’s 2.37 times bigger than the 36”
Sooo
I believe you could fit 33-34 lbs in a 8x48” column and wash that with 75lbs of gas and be surprised that you pull almost all the oil off!

And a 12x60” is 6.67 times bigger so you could pull off about 96 lbs of material in one Column (you’d still need two columns one for a hopper when packing) lol

Thanks for reading :open_book:

2 Likes

Can u show us the product you make? More concerned with quality and yield than running that much

3 Likes

Certainly!

4 Likes

7 Likes

I run like 60 lbs of gas over 30 lbs of material takes me about an hour to pass it through the Crc slowly , and recover while dumping, — my material columns are connected I inject in too one and then from bottom to top in to the other material column and then in to an overflow column so the gas gets diluted more before it hits the Crc. I used to think running the first column over the second saturated on oil wouldn’t pick up the column but once the second column has like 30 lbs of gas the gas is clear at the bottom of the first material column so clean gas is going over top of the second material column of that all makes sense. I’m just a one man show over here no workers

1 Like

What’re your yields like, % wise? Have you ever run bio without packing vs packing?

It looks like it’s the way to go for packing tubes. I just want as much info before taking the plunge

4 Likes

Here’s my darkest color pulled in like a month or so, the other day I needed to use my 18” Crc instead of my 12” & it looked channeled when I took it all apart, yielded much higher than my normal returns and it came out like this 14.87 % yield after Crc, 1891 grams pour off on 30 lbs
Still not bad color but I’m a clear slab Nazi now

My yeilds hang around like 10-12 percent through a Crc I’d say average and the good ones are like 14-16 through a Crc highest I’ve seen through a Crc personally is 19.7 with my packer,

Now not running a Crc add like 2-6 %percent to those numbers

4 Likes

Sounds like it’s a beast.

3 Likes

As far as my Crc goes, it’s a 4x12 inch
From bottom to top I use
1 cup activated alumina to sit on my sintered disk for easy clean up, (bentonite gets so stuck down there pain in the dick to clean) alumina sworn stick down there so it just falls right out, anyway,

1 cup activated alumina
6 cups bentonite of your choosing, (t-5, b-80, p6000)
Hammer that Crc down so it settles, vac it from the bottom so the bed of bentonite becomes firm and no channeling, top that with 1.5 cups of alumina, and throw a cup or two of alumina at the bottom of your columns a before you pack :white_check_mark:

that’s good for 30lbs of material, toss it afterwards!

3 Likes

Their website says sold out. Anywhere else to pick up this bad boy?

2 Likes

Good morning my name is Jason. We generally build Iron Fists to fit our clients specific column sizes. We start the build once we receive payment. With roughly a 2 week lead time if we don’t have your size in stock. My # (813)424-7430 jason@scientific710.com. Hit me up and I can answer any questions you might have.

6 Likes

I can vouch for the ironfist. Had the 6x48.

Upsides:

1.) even pack, even wash of material, higher yields.

2.) compacted unpack. Material takes up less space for disposal, and is WAYYYY LESS MESSY.

3.) averaged 12.5p in 6x48” columns. 50p every four columns. Nice easy math. (Up from 7-8p band packed)

4.) NOTHING FOR THR WORKERS TO BITCH ABOUT!!!

2 Likes

^^Highly recommend!

1 Like

Yeah, shit it’s been a while since I’ve been on this site…. I DO have this still for sale, it’s in storage

1 Like