San Diego U-Pick Farm Fresh Hemp Sept 12/13

Let’s set it up for Sunday then. I’m about 2hrs from the venue on the 74, 79 and 78 depending what I drive. Have you guys been getting hit with the high Temps? @Fullsailfarm

4 Likes

Yes, it has been pretty toasty. and humid. Im going to pop some shade tents up out there. But its looking like a warm one that weekend.

Making plans to fly out because this looks like you’re making history, and also to hopefully make some new relationships.

Any pointers on the best, most economical accommodations for the not-too-discriminating traveler (+3) nearby?

Also, may I presume to hang out with some of you forum members? At least til you decide I’m too obnoxious and run me off…

2 Likes

Great question. Haven’t really settled on it yet, but thinking something like $30-35/lb for a stem, or $15-20/lb for whole plant.

1 Like

That is rad. We had this idea last year but couldnt get our shit together. Give credit where credit is due, a farm in Maine did this last year.

I dont know where you are coming from, but its summer and you are coming to san diego. its going to be toasty, and the water has been super warm. Stay by the beach. You go down the hill on the 78 and it drops you right on the beach in oceanside, 45mins.

5 Likes

Thats the idea for a group of us to get together and check out the u-pick hemp farm. Sunday lunch time will be piping im sure with the heat wave, either early or late afternoon? I can take a truck and bring a cooler with refreshments. Not sure about all of the rules @Fullsailfarm since you are hosting?

2 Likes

I havent done u pick. We had a few hundred people come by last summer for a farm crawl tour. I had a fellow farmers market vendor who brews tea make a container of hemp tea, which we gave away. Shade tents, drinks, some reggae music, and lots o merch if you got it: t shirts, pre rolls and dried bud, cbd products if you make those. People come to buy. And some people will just buy the harvested product instead, for the convenience of not having to dry it themselves.

4 Likes

Sounds good. I am going to let another friend thats not on the forum know so we can nake a day out of it.

Making me jelly over here. San Diego for the day don’t sound bad though!! :thinking:

$218 round trip…leave friday come home sunday…:

5 Likes

Flights is cheap right now.

7 Likes

If your coming in Friday maybe Saturday would be a better day.

2 Likes

Sign me up! Was just talking to @CuriousChemist22 and @Waxplug1 about how we need a San Diego meetup soon

2 Likes

What time you guys meeting up there?

2 Likes

Lets get one of the days locked in. If its Saturday we might get Killa to come out.

I can’t come boys. It would be nice. Let me ask the wife.

3 Likes

Tell the boss to at least give you the weekend off and bring her.

4 Likes

All part of the dream. Great ideas!! Once we Get out of this covid, we have lots of ideas for this. Make it a destination. Baby steps this year.

I’m ok with folks hanging, we do have to obey the covid gathering rules. Because of covid, we have limited services out there. I’m going to set up some tents and misters, as much as I can. We don’t have any bathroom facilities, Ramona Natural Market in the town is great for chow and head call. It’s going to be hot but If people want to hang and have a cold one fine by me. Keep it legal, don’t drink and drive, bring a mask when you can’t socially distance. You know, all the things my lawyer will make me say. I wish it wasn’t going to be hot as it’s looking but Mother Nature gets a say.

3 Likes

Just spit ballin here, but if you are flying for this, And you decide you wanted to pick some stems, thinking about how you would get it home. If you wanted to sit around drink a cold beer and trim flower, we could put it in our dry room, tag it yours, and ship it out in a week. I could set aside a hang rack or two for future. Again, just spit ballin. Not sure how this would work but want to find a solution.

4 Likes

Great idea for the people flying in. In Miami there is a junk yard thats called U-pick that was well known back in the day. We also have u-pick strawberry and tomato fields so a u-pick hemp is something I would like to see. Since covid is an issue we can just call this a peaceful protest and not have to worry about all those rules. :rofl:

Post some pics of rhe fields.

9 Likes