Same fast crash / chalking up issues. Now on the east coast

I think it is people with more time and money and experience and schooling, and they have not figured it out.
Companies offered 10k for someone to figure it out…
Companies who lose thousands per day by the problem, and they haven’t figured it out.
People who DO do r&d and keep track of shit and have analytics and, oh yeah, a bunch of money….

I’m not going to make a guess as to what could be happening, if I don’t have some evidence to back it up…

“It was Donald Biden and his corporation, maybe if we try we can beat them…”

1 Like

@johnbigoilco

Will you throw 10k cash on the table or will I have to wait around after I show you what’s good?

6 Likes

The FDA issued notices to drug companies about benzene contamination in hydrocarbons.

https://www.fda.gov/drugs/pharmaceutical-quality-resources/fda-alerts-drug-manufacturers-risk-benzene-contamination-certain-drugs

12 Likes

Great link!

1 Like

Are there any coas showing benzene in the diamonds?

2 Likes
2 Likes

Look at it as a blessing in disguise. I never would have leveled up my game if it wasn’t for the fast crash.
@Swet254k sadly I’ve ruled n2 out
@StoneD while the powder that crashes quickly closely resemble cold crash thca this can happen being poured and put directly into a warm oven with no cold step then crash out powder. I still can’t tell you why but I can turn it on and off at my location now.

11 Likes

U mean u can make Medusa stones and then make regular on command? What do u differently this should point to the issue

1 Like

Can the biomass be ruled out with certainty?

3 Likes

100% not the biomass

5 Likes

It gives us an idea but we have still been left with no answers. How many lbs do you run a month? We are currently running 6-8 thousand lbs a month and have had plenty of material to do experiments on. I have found most people that have not seen the Medusa issue just don’t run a lot of material. I also feel the trap guys get a different supply of gas then the legal labs.

For people thinking it’s n2 or new sops I’ve been using the same sop for 6 years and n2 has always been in it. Used everything from px1s, pxps, ets, xtractor depo custom, Luna extractor, and a bizzybee. On all equipment our sop was run as cold as our chillers or dry ice would allow and never once saw Medusa stones till March of this year.

There is a temp range you can use to stop the Medusa stones and there is an sop to revert runs that look like they will Medusa back to normal diamonds. Takes the square and rectangular formations and takes them back to triangular.

To me the states that use the most butane like California saw this issue first due to us getting newer batches and using old stock up quicker. While smaller states are still finishing old stocks of gas that are not having this issue.

10 Likes

If that’s the case my money’s on the gas. Ik OP said they used different blends, but is there a common gas between those blends?

Well yes, 95% of us think it’s the gas, it’s something IN the gas.
But what?

Go read the other thread about it, it’s all detailed there.

5 Likes

Have you experienced this problem that a lot of us have had, yet? Or just shooting from the hip

1 Like

I’ve stated it before, and I’ll state it again.

I’ll put money and reputation on the line that it’s not nitrogen.

I’m leaning towards it still being propylene, or neopentane. Both are remeditated with 13x mol sieve.

it’s not nitrogen

My operator uses nitrogen more conservatively than I do.

15 Likes

I suspect it’s a co crystallization of a compound the grower is using and only happens when you crystallize at a lower temp

2 Likes

I can do it with terpenes that grew beautiful facets prior. Dissolve the thca and terpenes in butane and it’ll recreate the odd structures, when the original mother liquor did not.

8 Likes

Not sure how these gas distributors could possibly dispute it if that’s the case

The only parameter changed was the source of butane?

I think it’s potassium nitrate. There’s a chance the thca could have had it crystallized along with it and only shows up when crystallized under certain parameters

2 Likes

I know I’m no where near your guy’s level, but I’ve thought it was the gas for long time now… There is an answer… There is clean gas out there