Same fast crash / chalking up issues. Now on the east coast

Any updates on this I was not running for a week or so. Finally got some new LP tanks and now I am dealing with this issues. Very frustrating

2 Likes

Your tank is labeled n-butane?

2 Likes

How do you not blow the lids off if this is butane without cooling it?

2 Likes

Itā€™s actually not that hard. And no, no cooling

4 Likes

In the same boat. Just got a new shipment of 70/30 and started having this issue. Fuck.

1 Like

Just starting having this issue and read through the whole thread. Is the solution just to use that different molecular sieve? We have been running fresh frozen at -80C for 3 weeks straight and just got new gas this week when it started happening.

Work on your pourā€¦ Your might be able to counter act it?

Is there way more oil in those jars than Iā€™m thinkingā€¦like lb oil? That would change thingsā€¦
I know I seal those big mouths to soon and poof goes the lid

1 Like

We also had this issue. After we pull our run for the day its transported in a smaller collection vessel to our drying room. Its about a 45 min drive but suddenly one day we noticed that when we go to pour we have a huge puck of something like diamonds formed on the bottom. Our solution was to take blender and mix it back in until homogeneous. I actually didnā€™t mind it happening because our end product is crumble and this caused the solution to crash and dry extremely quickly. Then one day last week poof back to the way it was. No change in supply but it was a new order of butane so we think it may have been that.

2 Likes

70/30 nbutane/propane

1 Like

What do you mean work on your pour Iā€™ve been doing jars for like 2 years and had it down to month month n half clear facets .

1 Like

Who is your gas coming from

2 Likes

Thats a little personal. He might have a medical condition.

Also, I follow Danno I think on IG - dude does consistently fucking awesome work. Anyone on here would appreciate it

5 Likes

Same here. Nothing has changed in our SOP. Last week we were fine. Itā€™s not only a problem for diamonds but also for the cart tek we do which requires keeping the solution super saturated before going into post processing, if it fast crashes we have to do a rocks & sauce.

20211122_154034|375x500

exactly thatā€¦

I suggest backing off 20 posts and re-reading.

2 Likes

I saw that stated above but no detail, just that someone has negated it by adjusting their pour. We have tried changing collection temps, pouring off the next morning with the heaters both on & off, pouring off with more solvent, pouring with less solvent, basically we have been doing R&D all week to try to find a solution since we saw it happen with 3 big runs all in a row.

3 Likes

Coming from Industrial Source here in Portland.

1 Like

What mol sieve beads are you using?

conceded:

ā€¦could be C, F or even K

2 Likes

Interesting. We tried leaving the collection heaters on for 10 hours in between shifts, then pouring, and putting into a vac oven (no vac, vent open) at 90F. The fast crash definitely still happened. The first indication something wierd was going on was when we did our typical 20 min soaks at -80C for a batch of LR budder, usually we will see a good amount of fats caking up in the filters in the material columns above the 25u, but this time we had a huge layer of crystallized cannabinoids mixed with a small portion of what appears to be fats below the 25u and it was clogging up the bottom cup of the material column as well as the line to the crc. Havenā€™t had that happen before, like I said with fats yes, but crystallized cannabinoids no, Iā€™m sending what I pulled out of there to testing on Tuesday to confirm. I have some pictures I will post here in a second of last weeks runs versus this week.