Sambo Creek offering hazardous equipment - AVOID

Never thought I would have to warn people about something. But Sambo Creek is completely dishonest and selling equipment they know will release stainless nano particles into Ice water hash solution. Stainless will pit before a Ti horn will. And Ti horns are known to pit after a few hundred/thousand hrs of use.

Will give a backstory once I get to my office in the afternoon.

I’m not venting @SamboCreeck.com

Your device will directly expose consumers to stainless steel nanoparticles into their hash/rosin final product using a stainless sonication horn while washing.

This is a safety concern, not venting.

I don’t even compete with your business.
We do risk management, compliance, and facility buildouts.

7 Likes

Shocker that the plastic washer and filter trolley guy isn’t the best with material selection

1 Like

Here we go. Let me get the popcorn.

Good job discrediting your own self.
You look real unintelligent/confused.
Go take a materials science course.
They were my favorite during undergrad.

2 Likes

Maybe it was just the wrong kind of boba?

4 Likes

Is creeck even a word?

1 Like

Does the micronized stainless dust make the popcorn taste better?

3 Likes

It’s like bpa plastics from all the garbage can rosin bois. :cold_face:

3 Likes

But you can buy a garbage can for under 100.

What do I want to spend this kind of coin to contaminate my product?

Plastics aren’t food grade when you introduce them to this level of agitation and abrasion.

Does he ship these from Italy and he’s trying to save on cargo weight? I never understood this guys aversion to stainless

1 Like

I mean he has a soft spot using stainless for their Sonication Transducer horns :rofl:

Hah… I’m punny…

2 Likes

Do they smoke good?

3 Likes

I hear they burn real slowly with rich dark smoke :rofl:

3 Likes

This is an excellent topic because ultrasonic-assisted ice hash processing can increase yield to a worthwhile degree.

It is absolutely true that sonotrodes used for food processing should be titanium. And I’m surprised their sonotrode is stainless steel.

New processing methods (adding other metals) for SS sonotorodes (mainly for ultrasonic welding) significantly increase their cavitation corrosion resistance, but they are toxic in foods.

The issue of metal particle release over time is much worse than that for Ti and SS. But at least in water with Ti sonotrodes in operation for 7.5 hours at 18 and 20 kHz, no nano-sized particles (<80 nm) were found on a two-dimensional basis. Yet significant micron-sized particles were found. And metal leaching into water was found when using SS process tanks (below a safe level threshold in water).

This study considering the safety of ingested food (and liquid), found no major health concerns regarding nano-particles from lower frequency sonotrodes. Still, there is a concern with significant micro-particles.

I’m sure inhaling metal particles is a significant health concern. But I wonder how many particles would end up in rosin. And how many would be inhaled by combustion and vaporization methods using rosin or kief, versus how many would remain in resin, ash, water (e.g., bong), etc.?

I also wonder how many particles would remain on trichomes after sieving with mash bags and washing.

From the abstract:

From the body:

9 Likes

IIRC, it’s an inside joke on a misspelling of a street sign for Sambo Creek in Pennsylvania.

2 Likes