Only used for a month.

Currently sold out with Sambo creek

1 Like

ill sell mines as well lol holla at me sorry not trying to hijack your thread

All good haha

Why are you selling?

getting bag filters

1 Like

Didn’t like the trolley? Or bags are just more efficient ? What bag system did you go with.

Bags/cartridge filters give faster filtration speeds and longer filter life than something like the sc filter trolly.

Filter life meaning how long your filter system lasts? Or how many uses you get out of each bag? What speed are you getting with your filter bag set up?

At 60 psi and the largest bag filter size
Daisy chained with another bag filter
To a ss sinterd cartridge
25 mic to 5 mic to 1 mic at 30 liters a minute
Fed by a high pressure pump on a frequencies converter
Once I place the 0.45 mu and the 0.2 mu in the chain 5 liter a minute
But these are small sized cartriges

4 Likes

the sambo is just a glorified buchner — might as well get a bel-art. my opinion on them is they are overpriced — the speed was very underwhelming. would do a room temp filtration, then another at -80 and it takes forever unless you change the filter every 15 gallons or so — i mainly use warm extracted bho. tried the pig filter before that — didnt work at all for me.
i went and ordered from headydabber at ampequip.

I just bought a pig and haven’t used. wondering what kind of issue you ran into?

Yup you change the paper every 15 or 20 gallons. Not a big issue. Just a spot fix before we can get fancy winterization methods

like a centrifuge?

2 Likes

well i shouldve been more specific – it was still slow with fresh filters

Did you have the proper 18 CFM air compressor on it? It’s an expensive special kind of air compressor that if it doesn’t have the proper air flow can’t generate the vaccuum

Just because it’s big it doesn’t mean it’s special.

2 Likes

Are you filtering extract solution, or winterized material?

Special meaning it has a certain level of PSI and CFM and is food grade. Probably had an under powered compressor as well. But it probably isn’t amazing as nothing rly is

I’ve never used a sambo, but like you said it’s really just a big buchner. Have you tried mixing up a DE slurry with ethanol and pouring that on top of your filter paper, then running the pump to set it first? It may give you a little more filter depth and make the change interval less annoying.

1 Like

I went from the pig filter to the Sambo and it is just a giant Buchner. I able to run 50 liters at -80 through it every hour with no filter aid. So it makes what used to take forever achievable in a work day. I like the simplicity of it just pour and go