Sage bubblehash?

I am reviving an old post from drugs-forum.com about getting high on Salvia yangii I am reposting an old commit below. He talks about making kief from it, I wonder what terpenes it has and what the high is like

So about a month or two ago, maybe more, I picked some Russian Sage I found on the ground outside of a KFC to dry and test at a later date. For some reason, I lost interest in it for a while as I was working with the S. nemorosa and other projects. The dried cuttings sat in a paper bag the whole time. Well, yesterday I got curious and took some of the flowers and packed a nice sized bong bowl full of just the purple flower. I slowly took the hit not touching the flame to maximize vaporization.

What I felt from that was extremely similar to that of S. nemorosa although somehow different. There needs to be more testing with this substance but this stuff seemed more “cannabis-like” whereas the S. nemmy is more like opium-like. But overall they are both more cannabis like than opium. Lol if that makes any sense. The hit I took did not seem to effect him in any way negatively and I quite enjoyed how I felt, I went thru the rest of the night fine.

Well this is where it gets interesting, my friend found that there was a significant amount of a keif like substance that coats the main stem part of the plant. The larger and thicker the stem the more keif is covered on them. Not sure about fresh, but when dried it can be easily scraped off by pressing the fingers against the stem and pulling up. It will clump onto the fingers and be scraped off with a knife and stored in a vial for later use. Check out the pictures at the bottom of the page to see how it looked. Of a only a few small dried branches I was able to get quite alot this keif. Its very fine powder thats white, but turns ivory when pressed slightly. If anybody is familiar with screen sifted cannabis keif, good quality will clump together without any pressing when rolled around. This stuff does the same thing, even moreso.

Well never weighed the resin glands to see how much, but it came out to two bong hits. The first one was a learning lesson, I dropped some into the bong bowl just by itself. I then took my lighter and held it above the bowl as to not torch the precious oils. Unfortunately this stuff is so fluffy and light it instantly melted and sucked down into the whole, maybe 1/6 was inhaled. I felt a buzz similar to what I felt the first time, so instantly in frustration poured the rest of the vial into the bowl. This time though the whole was plugged with a tiny bud that burns slow.

I again held the lighter above and slowly inhaled… The white crystals melted and sizzled, then lit up and vanished almost instantly. The taste is hard to remember at this moment but it was good. I blew out a noticeable amount of smoke and laid back against the couch with a big smile on my face. This was it, I finally found what I was looking for, there was euphoria lots of it. This was obvious by my shit eating grin that would not fade. I sat back for several minutes in awe at how strong this shit was, it just kept getting him higher and higher. Then I got too high…

It resembled a cannabis OD, which I have experienced a handful of times (probably 7-8) in the 7 years I have smoked bud every day. Where the vision gets choppy, movement feels awkward and hard to accomplish, and the hands feel tingly and disconnected, not to mention bad anxiety. This was exactly how I felt, I stood up and slowly made my way to the room. Unlike my previous cannabis OD’s though, I was more in control of this, maybe because I has experienced this in the past and can get thru it easier? I got into the bedroom and told my gf that I needed help and for her to just hold him. She said she would and almost instantly the comfort of knowing this would happen lifted the dreaded symptoms of the induce such bad anxiety. I then just felt extremely high still from the stuff, and the bad symptoms vanished as quickly as they appeared with a total duration of about five mins.

So I tried laying in the bed and go to sleep, I remember intense closed eye visuals but can’t remember specifics except for one part. I was laying there, eyes closed, and imagined/saw that my limbs looked crustacean-like. My arms were lobster like and my legs were kind of like how the small crab legs look but of course all to human proportions. As I imagined/saw this it literally felt like my arms and legs were crustacean-like, it’s hard to describe but that’s what I felt and saw. But of course upon opening my eyes this stopped.

The best way to describe how I felt off this stuff was very cannabis-like, but somehow different. I do consider cannabis a psychedelic as well as a stimulant and sedative (based on strain) and would also consider this stuff as well. But could also have other benefits, I just think I tripped out slightly because it was such a high dose for someone that’s pretty much a first-timer with this stuff.

I got up and went into the kitchen to have some food to come down. After a little food and some hot milk I came down nice to a good point where I felt the calm euphoria again. Just like buds, food and milk were able to make him come-down quicker. I then happily passed out.

Overall, I am definitely going to try this Russian Sage Keif again very soon. It seems extremely potent and very promising as a new legal high. One thing to note though is that at that high dose, this stuff didn’t seem completely benign in my mind. There was some lingering feeling that if I took this stuff too far there could be bad consequences, as in repeated usage over long periods of time. But I couldn’t have been happier with how high I got off this stuff, the keif seems stronger than S. nemorosa leaf and better in quality of effects.

He’s going to test a solvent extraction of the flower/leaf matter to see how that feels.

Anybody that would like to share their Russian Sage experiences, please do. Rawbeer wanna give this one a try?=

8 Likes

That’s cool! I’ll have to try that. Any herb shops where i could get a little?

1 Like

Trippy,
I remember reading lots of stuff from erowid, never tried it.
You may be able to find it growing locally in your area?

1 Like

do you think 40$/half gram of sage kief is too much? given how rare it is

No idea. I just want some leaf to play with extracting myself. I don’t need kief.

I doubt there is a retail market for leave but maybe

I couldn’t find any myself. That’s why I was hoping for some help. If anyone here has grown it or has it around/

how much would you give for 5 lbs of it?

Is this different from Salvia divinorum?

I remember seeing salvia at head shops growing up and giving it a shot. Pure hellish. There’s a reason they kept it legal, no one I knew did it twice…

4 Likes

this is referring to Saliva Yangii, not Divinorum . I would not at all be surprised if other Salvia species had psychoactive triterpenoids and such. Special plants, no doubt. Will def have to explore this one some more. Interesting lead there @cbdbulk

2 Likes

Bong hits of the leaf could be fun. The Hawaiian varieties were more euphoric. The Mexican was more trippy. The extracts could definitely be hellish. Hard to go clubbing on 5X

1 Like