RSO Made with bho machine

Is there a way to make RSO using my bho extraction machine? I am just curious, if anyone can help that’d be sweet

yes. remove hydrocarbon. replace with ethanol. push with N2. adjust recovery and solvent tank temps. use your recovery pump + hot/cold to move/recover the solvent. Search results for 'ethanol PX1' - Future4200

or just use a bucket instead…Bucket Tek (Cold Ethanol Extraction on a Budget)

Edit: while you’re at it, check: Search results for 'RSO' - Future4200

5 Likes

Depends on what your definition of rso is. If you just want a full spec oil with all the lipids and chlorophyll junk typically found in rso you could run warm butane through your cls and then just collect and declarb the full spec crude.

3 Likes

requires residual naptha to qualify as RSO right? :thinking:

11 Likes

Any decarboxylated THC is RSO. The solvent is honestly irrelevant unless you’re Rick himself who swears by that nasty ass naptha.

5 Likes

You’ll want ethanol if you’re looking for an rso type product. It’ll pull more water solubles than pane/tane will.

Take warm bho run, partially Decarb at 180-200 f for 30 min for a full spectrum oil (includes thca)

2 Likes

No need to purge butane in vac oven since you’re going straight to decarb

2 Likes

Well the story being Rick Simpsons cannabis oil was he had skin cancer and naptga is not only a solvent but also a skin irritant. So he kinda screwed himself. It worked he got rid of his cancer with his supposed “Phoenix Tears”.

Though, for safety and for healthier consumption RSO is made with 190-proof Ethanol and distilled down into and oil, then decarbed for oral consumption.

My method is a 4 minute stir-wash in an ethanol/dry ice bath in a stainless bucket then filtered thru a 190-Micron bubble bag into another stainless bucket or a pyrex glass bowl.
Then I take that green mixture and distill that down to an oil, then decarb for consumption.

Right there is the part that trips a lot of folks.

You are absolutely distilling, but you are distilling the ethanol off your oil, not distilling your oil.

“If I boil the solvent in a rotovap, I’ve made distillate right?” Is not where I think you are, but trust me, I get that question more often than I’d like, and my wiring won’t let me let it slide here.

9 Likes

Not talking about distilling to distillate. I’m talking about boiling the etoh off enough until it’s an oil. Not distilling the crude into distillate.

Evap not distill then

1 Like

Okay, so evaporate all the etoh you can in a rotovap/simple distillation apparatus until it’s an oil. Then decarb that oil.

1 Like

I use a modified version of this

1 Like

I’m sure you mean feco
Rick is a bitch,
I don’t see why bho isn’t feco, except you get a small amount of water solubles even if you used dry etoh because it’s polar and non polar and muffuggas against butane.
Edible bho edible distillate and edible feco are all the same molecule with differing amounts of non-actives

3 Likes

Ethanol is still cleaner nmw though.

Technically speaking a warm butane extract is probably more similar to a naptha extract than ethanol is.

6 Likes