Rso knowledge and help

Ok thanks I will do smaller dose. But won’t I just sleep all night

Ok I will decarb next time even though I’m not sure why that matters if bud is already dry

No but it was dry already

Maybe it matters because we say it matters and we know more than you

Drying bud does not decarb it. I’m sure over time, a few years it will partially decarb but you really need heat to decarb it. That last step of heating the oil at 200f until it stops bubbling will ensure it’s decarbed fully

1 Like

![quote=“Maryjane, post:17, topic:158330, full:true”] But I didn’t decarb before and it worked just fine
[/quote]

You most likely were already partially decarbed and experienced at least partial effects.

Alcohol also speeds up the process. Here is an in situ process using ethanol.

Cannabinoids can also reach the CB-2 receptors in the rest of the body and provide medicinal effects, without needing to pass the blood brain barrier.

3 Likes

THC will get you high. THCA will not. Unless you heat it until it decarboxylates (becomes THC!!).

Dry is important too, but has very little to do with decarb.

We set our meds on fire and huff them because they don’t work if we just eat them.

Turns out you don’t have to get them quite that hot, but you’ve still got to heat them…

Edit: and then there is a possibility that I don’t think has been bought up yet: what makes you certain there is any THC/THCA in your cannabis at all?

Lots of folks have found themselves with “hemp”, which decarbed or not, is not going to get you high.

6 Likes

do you have any of the input biomass left?
can you smoke that and get high?

rules out “hemp”…

sure, but you can decarb your current RSO now…

I use a double boiler so I know I’m at 100C, then cook till the (tiny) CO2 bubbles are gone (or mostly gone so as not to degrade more than necessary). I’ve had BHO (probably had water in it) take 6hrs to get to this point at 100C.

not sure you’ve distinguished between “not working for YOU”, and “not working”, and only one of those points to decarb as the issue.

Have you given it to anyone else yet?

You say you’ve made RSO that got you high in the past, so chances are it’s not you.

I know bioavailability can be greatly enhanced (over a 1g slug of RSO swallowed whole) by dissolving in a appropriate carrier (eg MCT), and don’t doubt that diet (other than what you swallowed it with) might have some effect, but I doubt it’s your change in diet between this RSO and that RSO that is the issue here.

those were links. requires liver extract if YOUR liver won’t do it.

if you’ve gotten high off edibles in the past you don’t need to go all Hannibal Lecter on it, as your liver works as expected.

3 Likes

Source for research papers?

2 Likes

Thank u this is very helpful :heart::pray: I appreciate your response so very much

Thank you :pray: I appreciate your response! Everything is super helpful

So like we’re gonna fork that comment and make that into a thread titled. “Hannibal Lecter Tek” :joy::joy::joy::joy:

Rso help

Gm guys. Can someone please help me to understand this information. I’m making rso and I purchased 200 pure ethanol. I was told freezing the ethanol before using makes a better rso product? Is this true? If so why? Also I read that 200 pure ethanol can’t be exposed to air for to long because it will lose its purity? And become more water , if this is true how can I use it to make rso when it will need to sit for 5 mins or so. And how will I then store it once opened?

Have you tried the search bar and typing in “RSO”?? :mag: :mag_right:

:spoon: :spoon::bowl_with_spoon: :spoon: :spoon: :spoon: :spoon:

1 Like

Hope these help

1 Like

Read this thread: Iso and water to dewax

It should get across why you want cold and fast.

Yes, 200proof will pick up water. But 195 is more appropriate anyway. The person who told you to get 200proof was mistaken.

With the #^%%*ing lid on…:shushing_face:

2 Likes

It’s cause 200 proof tends to be cheaper.

1 Like

That is the only reason I’ve used it.

However, that was “cheaper than the organic 190”.

Given it takes more work to get to 200 than 190, the expectation would be that the 190 would cost less all else being equal.

Managing not to pay “alcohol tax” on 200 proof might be one way that might be reversed.

Certainly if I used benzene to get to 200 proof I’d sell it to ya cheap…

1 Like

This is why i stopped using X-F-B 200 Proof ethanol and started using Extractohol 190 organic. I heard 710sprits pulls the same shit.

Most have stopped using benzene. Molsieves or other desiccants have largely superseded at this point (I hope).

2 Likes

@cyclopath and @GroovyOctopusLabs , apparently calcium oxide (slaked lime) can be used to retain water in a wet ethanol boiler for distillation of 200 proof ethanol. In that regard, it could work in a process similar to that originally used with benzene… although I’m uncertain as to the cleaning requirements or corrosion issues it may bring to bear.

3 Likes