Rotovap condensing column broke! Replacing cheap? Is any glassware "fixable"?

Thanks Guys!

7 Likes

Brilliant! I couldn’t have asked for a more helpful community response, as usual. I regret to inform you that I’m located in Canada so it would probably end up being a handful to ship, but I am more than willing to give it a shot. I’ll fire you a PM!

3 Likes

Probably will cost more in shipping then the repair, thats still not a bad deal considering u dont have to deal with a potential wrong glass order that doesnt fit perfectly

2 Likes

Look for a locol place then, i took mine to a guy who makes vases and chandeliers for his showroom store.

2 Likes

i would say most canadian shipping is about 40% more on the shipping to US. I cant see that thing costing more than 75$ to ship here plus 75 back and the repair

2 Likes

Where?

@tweedledew is in BC and has a local shop he uses that could manage this (now that the experts have chimed in and say it looks fixable :upside_down_face:).

Can’t point you at any quĂ©bĂ©cois, but they here

6 Likes

We can fix it in Toronto contact at labcradle.com about $100. shipping from and to BC is about $50 each way we create shipping labels by UPS or Canada Post, not sure what size rotovap is it? you will need to fill condenser with small shipping poly balls otherwise condenser will fall out and than game over.

4 Likes

just notices its 2L roto. price to ship back and forth $50 on our UPS or CP accounts

2 Likes

That’s what’s up! I love the way this forum connects people :muscle:

And solid pricing too

10 Likes

Just repeating this part because of how important it is

For those of you who have never unpacked a brand new rotovap

8 Likes

Yes very valid point especially now that the joint where its fused to the wall of the condenser (at the broken barb) is compromised

3 Likes

Try cansci for glass in Surrey for repair/replacement. They’re consistent and reliable :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Are these all the same size?

Will the 2l from Across fit on a buchi for example?

i had no issue getting the sawdust out by letting it fall out when i unpacked the little 5l usa labs piece i worked with. I’m guessing the problem gets worse with scale?

1 Like

I confess to have not read the entire thread but these guys are the shit

for repair

3 Likes

one of my go to spots!

1 Like

probably.

the last one I unpacked was a 50l

a shop vac made it manageable, but it was still a non-trivial task.
Seem to recall the 20L before it being a little easier.

2 Likes