Rotavap vs vacuum oven

Rashid rings perhaps. But they have pointed edges. After spinning, they may groove into the bf and etch it. Then compromising it, busting it and losing all the hard worked crude into the bath.

That’s how I look at it.

1 Like

Theyd only have to be an 1inch and could be wide all off set so should be any problems makes me wish i was a glass blower

Yah a vigereux flask sounds wicked lol… And I know a glassblower…

1 Like

Use smaller size 24/40 flasks and outfit them as diamond miners- pour off terp sauce, redissolve crystals in pentane, reX

3 Likes

So did anything come of this or did a muffin hit the head & the fan shit the room.

Im just busy rocking some distillate right now. But I’ll probably bang out another run in the next week.

Gotcha, just watch for that muffin cause even with surface area, the oil will still cause a muffin if not backfilled, this could be totally possibly given the right atmosphere & you wouldn’t need as high of a temp or fast rotation. Food for thought :call_me_hand:t3:

1 Like

I’ve got my own vacuum break/gauge setup that I use to adjust my vacuum anyhow. Maybe I’ll attach it to a nitrogen tank

1 Like

It will make you bp for solvent lower & less volatile reactions, ergo minimal to no muffin if done proper.