rotary short path idea -open source design-

So like ~40k. Not awful. About what I payed for the piece of shit 6" I have here from China.
(I say this after spending the last 20 hours leak chasing)

3 Likes

So would they be good for say small personal use batches?

1 Like

If the temps are low and the vacuum is deep you don’t get degredation. It’s a old wives tale. What causes degredation is a bad short path that is not efficient and causes this to happen. We have a party in Oakland with a nmr that has done testing. They even showed with a nano head head there was near zero degredations similar to a wiped film even if ran six times. Remember people who experience crazy degredation and heat damaging products are usually running off brand or cheap short paths that don’t perform well. You really have to be at high temps to degrade. We have systems that pull low in temp and Target boiling points that great success is found with out customers.

1 Like

I can clear through first pass 10/l a hour easily for about 30-40k setup with pumps and sensors etc…

I’ve seen 30/k a hour …it comes our brown and crappy and requires numerous washes and passes. I’m not sure im a fan of those rediculous brown distillate machines.

The short path itself is 12kish. So to be clear it’s about how crazy the ancillary gear gets.

1 Like

I thought as much. Cause it seems the more you go bigger with equipment the more shit your gonna need to run it.

Falling Films and Short Paths are the ones that can get way too ridiculous.

Can you time lapse the 10 liter an hour including set up and clean time etc? O yea and all on your 30-40k set up

5 Likes

And the the only way to REALLY separate THC from CBD entirely is HPLC

1 Like