Rosin yields

Would of been 1624g. And even dumping it. Its thousands gone.

sure, but it should never yield 10% by wet weight…

2 Likes

Agreed.

exactly!

and I’d guess the flowers we’re looking at dried are closer to 18% than 25% once dried.

1 Like

Rosin pressing is a serious art to make money from. You have to have 5 star or 6 star and there’s a reason you have to charge so much more.

It’s my personal hobby, but there are some serious guys who’s entire livelihood is bubble presses of the Terpy goodness.

If I wanted to sell oil I’d just get a small distillate op going first and have a rosin setup because they’re both so cheap.

I’m not a fan of closed loops in garages.

3 Likes

Honestly want to get an Open source freeze dryer made to at least push back on Harvest right. They own the startup bubble rosin market.

2 Likes

Bho is done by company guys. I won’t say the company. But it’s no garage product lol. The rosin also done by company guys. Cold rooms and all. Again won’t say the company. I have a press and bags. Wash machine and hand wash equipment. I just don’t have a freeze dryer yet. People seem to want rosin more these days for whatever reason. So my current bho I’m making into carts.

1 Like

Open source freeze dryer??

Buy the Pollen Extractor and a sift kit and make some thca / terp separation practice. It’s fun.

I have a tumbler also lol

1 Like

run it on plants with actual pollen :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Yeah, I’d like to get a project on a introductory freeze dryer made / imported to push back on their pricing.

2 Likes

Do you have the steps on that? ThcA terp separation

1 Like

have you checked the solventless category?

eg : Mechanical separation TEK. (Solventless diamonds)

2 Likes

Here’s a quick 1 min video

3 Likes

XD I like my cute tumbler. It’s seriously the perfect travel rosin kit.

that seems like the right application for rosin. personal use dabs.

although I have suggested using a steam roller on Sunset Blvd in mid summer for “at scale”… :wink:

And what does this usually go for?

don’t look for a freeze dryer.
use the scientific name…and hunt for used

all you really need is a container that will hold vac, a vac pump, and a cold trap to keep the water out of your pump. if you use a diaphragm pump your can ditch the cold trap.

throw material in (say) Spd boiling flask, freeze, suck.

once you start sucking, the flask will get colder, and colder…insulation won’t hurt.

shit will even work if you don’t freeze first…

3 Likes

My life was always on the move and I’ve had to step away from the lab life and focus on being a single father.

I’m now a hobbiest who still is fascinated to keep up with the tech.

Hell, I literally made the travel press with partners :sweat_smile:
https://shopbvv.com/products/canna-clamp-handheld-rosin-press-600lbs

It’s a $100 mini tumbler. Can’t beat the size.

5 Likes