Rosin yields

on fresh frozen?

1 Like

I dont have the material. It was process by another person. They process for a commercial company and they wash this strain. So just hard for me to see the big boy washing it all the time if it was a low yielder

1 Like

Yes. Fresh frozen trim by the turkey bags.

1 Like

I personally tumble/drysift fresh frozen and prefer the end results I can dab right after.

Washing makes the Terps tastier, but I like making some THCA / terpene separations and not waiting on a freeze dryer.

1 Like

What’s your process on that? That’s why I had to contract it out. Don’t have a freeze dryer yet… I know lame. But soon hopefully. Also I haven’t gotten my flower tested. But I would have to look up the range this strain usually falls in. I’ll back to you on that info

1 Like

You can get a good starter kit by reading my initial post. PollenExtractor.com tumbler is super cute for doing small runs. $150?

You can get Dulytek spring loaded plates on Amazon Prime that work really well. $300?

3/4 screen sift kit (bigger the better) are cheap

Buy a 20ton Harbor Freight press (100-150$)

3 Likes

Everything I’m seeing for the strain is between 20-25% thc

1 Like

That’s good. You press a nug it’ll squirt 20% with a ton of garbage.

But when you sift / wash = you don’t get everything.

Then when you bag & press = not all turns to oil

So you have two stages of loss.

Also: wash gurus replied to that thread and are very helpful.

1 Like

so trim wet then freeze?!?
Then collect trichomes? (wash/dry sift)

10% yield from 75% water content trim, that might be 18% cannabinoids once dried (lets call it 10% moisture)?

I don’t understand the math on that…

1 Like

From my experience with having flower washed, it is very strain and pheno dependent. I usually try and wash a small amount first to see yield before I go and commit to wash a large batch. I am looking for 20-25% equivalent dry weight which would equate to 4-5% fresh frozen. I have seen absolute fire product that has tested high, return very low yields, therefore you never know until you do a test wash.

2 Likes

I wish they did a test run before the whole batch. Bho gives me 5.6% on the same strain

2 Likes

I didn’t handle the trim. I purchased it fresh frozen, and believe it dried a pinch before the freezer for my dry sift projects.

Wet trim fresh frozen washing I read is successful however.

You can never expect a high yield based on the plants thc %

You have gotta find a gusher (strain specific)

GG#4 is a gusher.
Dosido was not.

4 Likes

that math works…

1 Like

Would of been 1624g. And even dumping it. Its thousands gone.

sure, but it should never yield 10% by wet weight…

2 Likes

Agreed.

exactly!

and I’d guess the flowers we’re looking at dried are closer to 18% than 25% once dried.

1 Like

Rosin pressing is a serious art to make money from. You have to have 5 star or 6 star and there’s a reason you have to charge so much more.

It’s my personal hobby, but there are some serious guys who’s entire livelihood is bubble presses of the Terpy goodness.

If I wanted to sell oil I’d just get a small distillate op going first and have a rosin setup because they’re both so cheap.

I’m not a fan of closed loops in garages.

3 Likes

Honestly want to get an Open source freeze dryer made to at least push back on Harvest right. They own the startup bubble rosin market.

2 Likes