Rosin press

Hello fam,

Looking at some insite on some good rosin press parameters, just got this squash press that’s been pumpin some good squash. Just thought there might be some in site idk about. Thanks for the time.

Low temps = more Terps but a runnier outcome

Higher temps = less Terps, but more shatter consistency

Flower, no baggies needed. Straight squish in parchment paper

Kief I use 25iu meds bags

I’ve pressed kief, flower, bubble, dry ice hash.

I banged out many of rolls worth of rosin.

5 Likes

How low is low and how high is high. I got some super runny rosin at 105f so just trying to to dial in the numbers. Thanks for the help.

1 Like

175-180 low

215-225 high setting.

This was all done on my made press that costs 500.00. 20 ton and a 15 second initial squish to get things heated, then 45 seconds after more pressure is applied.

3 Likes

Thanks @Demontrich for the info, definitely be playen with in these numbers to see what outcomes I get…

1 Like

If you search my screen name, I’m sure you can find my rosin thread. I’m sure I went into detail to help others.

Sorry, I refuse to link that site, the owner and I dont see eye to eye on scamming people. You’ll have to do the leg work.

1 Like

Anyone know why I get Bulging on my press? Doesn’t blow, damn near tho! Doing my best to center the bags :man_shrugging:t4:

Overfilling of the bags.

1 Like

Nice work and thread

1 Like

Only 17gs. And double bagged

Iirc I tried 10g, had to settle on 7g w/o busting bags.

How do I rid my kief of plant matter retrieved from a mechanical trimmer?

Electrostatic separation with some hash screens, a paint roller, and parchment paper.

1 Like

Like 445 said on static approach… using a DVD case or a paint roller w/ parchment and the power of static to get the heads to jump and collect. Unfortunately it may be a whole lot of effort given the sounds of your scenario. Machine trimming can really beat things up and and break up the plant matter into very fine particles.

1 Like