Rosin press go brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Just keep in mind your rosin will be the color of your bubble hash

6 Likes

4 Likes

jokerz candy 73-120u (compound genetics)

9 Likes

From cured material. Same from larger jar. 120-45. I have so much to learn. Really struggled with pressing and collection. Shit got caught in bags or would touch both top and bottom parchment and made collection way harder. Also came off the press mostly a shatter consistency and was hard to work with. First time both washing and pressing. Glad to be here!

4 Likes

Looks great for your first crack at it! Keep pressin :muscle:

Lmk if you’re interested in some tips on technique to make collection after pressing a smooth experience

6 Likes

Thanks dude your shit is always chefs kiss! If I can get like you I’ll be real damn proud of myself! ABSOLUTELY open to pointers, tips, tricks whatever anyone has to share I’ve read through this thread 1 time but there was so much gold I need to go back w a notepad.

I pressed again tonight and had better success but also new failures. 1.blowout 2.felt like left material in bags like the hash didn’t get smushed enough. 3.didn’t write start weights! 4. Still unsure on my tek for loading/folding bags, which way seams go because once the rosin flows it seems like shit gets stuck in seams or folds.

2 Likes

Well. Tossed that jar in the oven (didn’t have weight so I couldn’t do the maths) at 190 for 25 minutes till half was bubbles half liquid. Pulled out and put it into my heat chamber that is 100-110.

Then like a dumbass I thought hmm not enough liquid, 5 more minutes in the oven. So I moved the jar. 5 minutes in the oven we lose all bubbles.

So pretty sure I botched this round lol

What were you trying to achieve with the oven, rosin carts?

I imagine you know but you can always repress bags that feel like they have hash left in them. Common causes of blowouts for me include no space between bag and back of parchment, too much hash in the bag, or uneven packing.

You might also consider adding a 90 or 73u bag if you have enough material

2 Likes

DM me I’ll give you a couple pointers. We can avoid 1 & 2 with ease

1 Like

Curious as well…

1 Like

I thought a quick crash for jam was around 200 till I seen it seperate then pull to soft heat for an extended amount of time.

Here is the jar this morning

1 Like

I don’t mean to sound like an idiot on here but I can’t figure out how to dm you it says account is hidden

1 Like

Deff noticed the no space at back of parchment being an issue. Too much hash and uneven packing well I’m just not sure probably am on both those! I’m just going by feel tbh I’m green as fuck w rosin.

I did attempt to repress the super obvious “half pressed” bricks and I did get a return something I noticed is 2nd press seemed way tackier/stickier. but the rest I sent to my edible maker to soak in everclear. Bricks even after 2nd press just seemed solid w hash still.

Thanks for everyone’s help

1 Like

It’s not ruined. Just dont ipen the jar and leave on low heat for however long it takes to “jam” up. You were on the right path but just need to dial it in. Some strains aren’t terpy enough to jam up either. Becuase, unlike BHO, there is no prolific amount of residual hydrocarbons to precipitate the thca. All you have to crash out the thca in rosin jam are the terps so there have to be enough of them.

1 Like

How hot are you pressing your first and second squeeze?

Oh and the way to line up the seams is like so…

https://youtu.be/OPdUGhkYM4w

1 Like

Regular work flow

10 Likes

Last week’s worth of pilot runs before selecting and onboarding new clients

15 Likes

Looks promising for sure

2 Likes

Some bangers for damn sure.

Best new strains from these indoor clients are Slurpie, Slap N Tickle, Blueberry Sunset and Blueberry French Toast

7 Likes

9 Likes