Rosin Fractioning / Rosin Carts

You would be surprised actually, even with a tightly sealed lid, using only 10 g in a 16 oz mason jar (roughly 98% head space) rated at 30 psi, the integrity of the lid (which is aluminum or tin and not stainless steel) will fail before the glass because it has a lower pressure rating. Kind of how diamond mining disfigures the mason jar lids, this also occurs and will lead to slight off gassing which will again keep the pressure lower than that of your glass container and not at critical capacity. So in theory, the closed glass container is never fully closed

Again, dangerous and not ideal. But it is all I have and I understand the math, and have pushed my luck a few times and come out alright. Protective eyewear, lab coat, etc. Never too much or enough safety!

1 Like

If you have cannabis based thread sealant, it may seal well past the standard pressure that a jar will safely contain. I came back to a ā€œsploded jarā€ one time a long time ago

4 Likes

Cannabis based thread sealant is awesome stuff, but can definitely cause problems in the wrong location .

I scared myself with a three in triclamp lid just a couple of weeks back.

It became stuck in place with dried EtOH tincture and released violently several seconds after the clamp was removed.

Made sure not to include that particular trick in the ā€œSOPā€ we were developing (found another solution).

3 Likes

I know how

3 Likes

You just going to tell us that you know or share with the class? I know at least a few of us would appreciate hearing how you do that. Purging CO2 post-decarb is a necessity weā€™d love to avoid if possible!

2 Likes

We flatten post decarb relatively quickly in the vac oven. I suppose it could also be purged in the chamber prior to drainingā€¦

1 Like

You are able to segregate gaseous terps from gaseous co2?

1 Like

Here is a video on mechanical separation: Solventless THCA Separation - Lowtemp Plates - YouTube

You can add the terpenes from your separation to your jar after this process to increase the flavor:

1 Like

Dabpress for zip of that terpy crc free bho?
I have the opportunity to secure 10 ton press and the pressure gauge pump.
Just community insight, Iā€™m pretty sold on it.

this is saving my ass a year later
thanks lol

1 Like