Rosin CRC

Why not dry sift it first, mix some t5 in there and squish it? You can make distillate looking rosin like this by putting it in the oven and decarbing after the squish in a Mason jar with the lid on, idk if youd be able to prevent the t5 from coming through the bag though

1 Like

I’m just now getting into rosin but I think the most important factor is freshness when it comes to color. Kief a week old will come out very blond almost white. I’ve pressed kief from the same strain that stored in the freezer for one month, and three months, and the color and yield get dramatically worse over time.

Jungleboys rosin has been getting some very clear rosin recently, and I know others pressing bubble hash can get basically clear rosin on the regular.

Jungleboys

3 Likes

Terpenes are hydrocarbons

2 Likes

We all know that the fresher the material, the clearer the oil. In fact prematurely cut plants make the clearest oil. But that is not the goal of crc

3 Likes

While I understand what you mean, not all terpenes are only carbon and hydrogen. The real factor of interest is probably the polarity of the molecule, which for a mixture of terpenes can be all over the place, making them more similar to ethanol, with its polar and non polar ends.

The point im trying to make is that I think the adsorbants in the CRC tech are more effective in a non polar solvent.

2 Likes

Gotcha.

Honestly I made a post awhile ago about pressing butane-wetted material and @Deleted thought I was crazy haha

3 Likes

We can design Vac CRC with dual 5um 4" Sintered Filter.

OEM or ODM welcome discuss

Max 300-400psi

CEMA Instrument

1 Like

We can design

CRC with dual 5um 4" Sintered Filter.

OEM or ODM welcome discuss

Max 300-400psi

CEMA Instrument

Working with a filtration company right now that uses paper filters to remove TCA from wine. They are working on a filtration through the pressing process in order to prevent any contamination right from the get go… Might be a cross over in tech that will show solid results for us.

3 Likes

You can try our Sintered Filter 1um and 5um 10um 15um 20um 25um

dm

Cema Instrument

1 Like

Please just make a post about your filters instead of cluttering up other’s posts with your spam

4 Likes

Yes Sir

2 Likes

Thank you for doing so!

3 Likes

What happend to this feed? Anyone been squeezin through filter material? Ive been terp additions to rosin in order to create an easier pass through for medias. Before the re-introduced plant dirived terps, i tried heating the solution but noticed serious degration of the sample. Will try to create a close loop filtratiin vessel that will allow for better controls but have had some pretty interesting result with the simple intro of terps ( extracted from the plant material post mechanical trichome seperation)

I havnt tested any bleaching clays because of the viscosity issues but medium carbon chunks seem to be a good scrubbing material followed by a pass through of silica 60. Anyone else seen colour remediation of rosin? What are we all playing with and how can we put these concepts together for an sop worthy process? Seeing alot of interest in what the industry calls solventless (although im litterally extracting a solvent from the plant itself hahah) there is actually a compliant processor coming online here in canada that is scaling up traditional and innovative hash making methods. I can only imagine you chem guru’s could help strengthen that process a whooooole bunch :wink:
@Future @Dred_pirate @Shadownaught

5 Likes

Tried powdered AC (only thing I had on hand) w/ some old grinder kief rosin. Mixed the powder with ~ 1g of the rosin and whipped over ~160f for about 30 min. Collected it and put in a paper filter “envelope”. Re-pressed the sludge packet at ~160. The collected rosin was definitely more stable and “shatter like” (no cloudy streaks), in comparison to the original press. Only got ~.8 back, and considering it was old grinder kief, any color remediation was minimal, maybe from black to slightly more amber, but hard to tell. Dabbed pretty ok tho, decently strong, but kind of flavorless. Likely due to the carbon. Wish i had some bentonite or another bleaching clay to try.

3 Likes

Crushing your adsorbents into a dust doesn’t seem like a good idea when your only filter is a high micron bag.

3 Likes

Adding anything to solvent less will make it less clouty for all the vegan CrossFit people that buy it

11 Likes

Agreed. Only tested a bit to see if there was any color improvement. Since there wasn’t any significant difference, I just dropped it for now. Any real media filtration would require more than my ~5u paper filter could provide.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

How about loading the fresh press into a heated/sealed chamber and pushing through filter media? The density of filter cakes might be an issue because of the viscosity of the rosin however there are a ton of filtration solutions now that help increase workflow quite a bit!