Rosin CRC

Hey guys I was talking to my buddy yesterday that makes killer rosin. Hes a hippy and probably has no idea this site exists. I was explaining to him about our magic powders used in bho and I created an experimental tek for Rosin CRC.

1. Make kief or hash
  2. Press concentrate into rosin
  3. Collect rosin in small Mason jar.
  4. Add ____ amount of magic powders to the jar, and seal lid tight
  5. Place jar in oven at 80 C (175 f)
  6. Experiment with how long the jar should be under heat.
    7.Using heat gloves pick up the jar and swirl it around. Alternatively you can place a mag stir bar in the jar for mixing.
  7. Allow the jar to cool at room temp, then move to the fridge.
  8. Load your adsorbant filled rosin into the finest micron screen possible. Any ideas here?
  9. Gently press the oil, leaving behind the majic!

Let’s see someone try this! I’ll try to get my buddy to do it asap

8 Likes

i think you can just use a smaller screen
15u makes some very white squish

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvcHG0igxvl

7 Likes

That’s isolated thc, I’m well aware of that tek.

I’m trying to refine the full spectrum oil

6 Likes

for your final step are you saying to put the absorbent filled rosin back into a mesh bag and press through again?

Would you not be worried about residual absorbents leeching in? or is the mesh not wide enough for them to travel. I am still new to using all these different powders

3 Likes

That’s why I was thinking to use the finest mesh possible.

2 Likes

Do the powders not dissolve at all? Im always curious. Color remediation is definitely something the rosin community could use haha so many great products but they just come out dark and people don’t know better

2 Likes

Hmm what do you say @Shadownaught , any of the crc media prone to dissolving in oil or terpenes?

I doubt it

3 Likes

I have no reason to believe that is the case at all. Extreme, and I mean extreme, alkalinity can degrade clays but these medias are very stable in nonpolar solvents and alcohols.

4 Likes

Their particle size is extremely fine though. I am not sure mesh will do the trick.

4 Likes

What about a stainless steel syringe filter. I know whatman makes some that go down to .45 micron.

I think the key word here is micro filtration

1 Like

Again, it’s not what you are looking for, but I use the press and 25u steel mesh to clean ugly bho, the isolate is about all I use my press for

3 Likes

Can we make screens somehow out of a thin matrix of adsorbents/filter media stacked even in the shape of a rosin tube with no seams??

1 Like

I think you need to abandon the idea of repressing it. If this is to work you need to just suck it through a filter paper or something. Syringe filter could work but believe me those get clogged real fast and then it’s impossible to push through. You would need to keep it really hot too.

4 Likes

http://www.azpressco.com/product/5u-mesh-sheets

Something like this?

I’m sure warming it up more and not going cold, to isolate thca, you might be able to smoosh it out, maybe. But, I dunno. It’d have to be some really saucy rosin

@Apothecary36 just a thought but wouldn’t it just isolate the THCa if you were to repress the rosin I think it’s very similar to the Rosin to THCa tech but without the powders

You have to lower your temps to do that.

I was and still am under the impression that mechanically separated isolate needs a buddered precursor, also depends on temp used forsure.

Edit: Pretty sure I’ve shared this before somewhere on here: https://www.instagram.com/p/BhS8ApUFf7-/ Pretty informative caption

3 Likes

Everyone that I know that makes it, goes the opposite. They stay cold and only mush out the moisture content leaving behind the thca. Going warmer and warmer would melt decarb it. Lower temps would not, ya?

1 Like

Thought this was just a personal luck kind of thing, but shatter never worked right, however something with a buddery consistency gave good results.

Thanks for the link with the tip about melting into diamonds. You just walked me through a mistake I made with positive results, and how to repeat it

2 Likes

I’d like to perform some experiments at some point😂 You both are correct I’ve heard a few different processes work forsure.