Roots roots roots

I am looking for roots, I have a solid little analytical lab set up here and I really love alkaloid extraction and isolation in general- the roots of cannabis are very much unexplored territory as far as I can tell.

I’d love it if someone around here had some nice cannabis roots that I could experiment with, and if anyone else on here has been working on root extractions please let’s trade notes and see what comes up-

Another phytoconstituient I am really interested in are the stillbenoids found in the leaves and stalks- any other formulators on here who work with fresh juices? Fermentation?

I was over in berkley recently at the openinsulin project and learned of a classical use for a common root that can be fermented in a specific fashion to yield what is essentially plant based testosterone steroids- but requires a very specific combination of technique and admixture ingredients to this brew to get the plant derived hormones to be created-

Who wants to get jacked up on some fightin’ juice?

I clearly don’t need any of that but I find the subject absolutely fascinating

16 Likes
3 Likes

I’m growing in a rdwc system and will be cropping out soon. I can send you whatever you’d like.

I just need to properly dry the roots, and then we should be good to go.

Roots fill this 13 gallon bucket, from top to bottom, and side to side

9 Likes

Organically grown?

2 Likes

Grown with cultured solutions nutrients which I don’t believe are organic

Off topic, but I love seeing your pics lol. Those things are monsters…

2 Likes

Are there alkaloids in the cannabis root that will extract and isolate? Thats interesting AF

That’s nbd I’m just wary of pesticides etc

1 Like

I want to experiment to use fermentation to make hemp derived phytoestrogens

Soyboys are just the beginning… we’re gonna turn the frogs gay!

13 Likes
8 Likes

A few years ago i forgot about 3 or 4 clones that i left in a 30 gallon EZ cloner. A few weeks later they had grown through and over the fluorescent lights and the roots had grown into the water pump and seized the motor. The roots weighed nearly 5 pounds.
Does anyyone have info about the chemical constituents of new roots versus roots that have been through an entire life cycle?

1 Like

That’s what I’m trying to learn.

4 Likes

Ton of supposed terpene residuals and other useful chemical compounds in the root systems :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Shaping Fire (podcast) had someone on talking about the roots a long time ago (2017). It was one of their earlier podcasts. Been a long time since I listened to it and I’m sure the research has come a long way since then, but there may be some value in checking it out.

Spotify (sorry Apple music users, I use Spotify)

Isn’t there a bunch of super toxic stuff in cannabis roots too? Vaguely remembering someone sharing that a few years back. No idea the legitimacy but this seems like the place to ask lol

1 Like

Off-topic, but I am interested in isolating compounds from moldy cannabis. The next antibiotic is in there, I know it.

3 Likes

I’m getting ready to ferment a bunch of my beef like you suggested, but all the roots I have are already on their way back into the soil

3 Likes

They say there are compounds in the roots that are good for gout

2 Likes

One if the more prevalent compounds is epifriedelanol. Appears to inhibit cellular senescence. Found in a few plants.
Here is a link to a study out of Korea. https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Jong_Son/publication/47677093_Epifriedelanol_from_the_Root_Bark_of_Ulmus_davidiana_Inhibits_Cellular_Senescence_in_Human_Primary_Cells/links/00463537c10796de3c000000/Epifriedelanol-from-the-Root-Bark-of-Ulmus-davidiana-Inhibits-Cellular-Senescence-in-Human-Primary-Cells.pdf?origin=publication_detail

1 Like