RO Filter and Ice Machine for Hash Rosin

We are looking to step up our rosin game and want to get an RO setup with an ice maker. I was hoping to get some recommendations on a setup that people are using. We currently need ~ 400 gallons of water and ~300 pounds of ice a day. Thanks.

So the ice maker is what kills you. Depending on the type of ice maker if its flake, cube, or nugget all have different water consumptions. Then depending on if the unit it self is water cooled or air cooled. Air cooled ones use less water but are way less efficient. If you need to make 300 lbs of ice I would expect to need about 1000 gallons of ro water stored. Most units use water to dislodge the ice. I would get a hydrologic 2000gpd With the booster pump.

7 Likes

With a cold extraction room (45-50°F) we only use about 120 lbs of ice to wash 120 lbs of fresh frozen in a day

But we use a 300 gallon rez with 1000 gallon per day RO filter with a float valve. It’s always full in the morning with 36°F water

3 Likes

When you say the water is 36 degrees is that from sitting in the room or is there a chiller for that 300 gallon tank?

Its on a recirculating system

1 Like

The same one most companies will charge you $5-8k to purchase I can build for a couple grand

On a recirculating chiller? Do tell

1 Like

Its more than the chiller alone. The chiller doesn’t recirculate. At least not the ones I get for the price I pay.

1 Like

I’m all ears

Throwing ice into rez and paddling? :joy:

Same same

I just use an inline pond pump to recirculate the water all day, the chillers don’t have any lifting capabilities

1 Like