Rinse while dumping?

Probably a stupid queation but im just curious if im being proficient with my extraction process.
I was wonding if i should be rinsing while my column is dumping after the soak. Or should i be dumping my columns empty then rinsing with proper gas ratio? Getting socks that look like this sometimes. Any info is much appreciated

Test your spent material

1 Like

Hello,

I find your question interesting as I get socks like yours even with high solvent to material ratio (10:1). I feel socks, specially when reuse during long extraction day, tend to steal some oil.
I extract as cold as I can, I don’t have areal market for oil and I mostly use trim so I’m ok with wasting some cannabinoid. However at the end of extraction day I do a last run with empty socks I used and find it worth it. Oil I get from this run is golden while a second run on the same material get me a less appealing oil. I haven’t been able to play with CRC yet.

What’s about you extraction chiefs? Do you get some dirty sticky socks? Not everyone is able to test his spent material (IE not living in an mj friendly country).

We absolutely run our used bags through our extractor to recover the hash. About once a week. Definitely worthwhile.

1 Like

Right, just toss them in an empty material column when not doing runs and process your empty socks. Let them soaknwhile you do other tasks around lab, that should get the socks clean and you some oil.

2 Likes