RFC Revision History Grace Period now 10 seconds

Great comment. If a post has personal information or someone accidentally uploads personal photos you can flag it for removal.

If you post something under NDA or confidential I don’t have a ton of sympathy. Feel free to flag it for review. I have let people in that situation blank out company names and remake their post but even that didn’t feel right to me.

2 Likes

There are a plethora of reasons I enjoyed the 5 minute rule, less data. More revisions. More data.

Think before you hit the reply button is definitely a standard set now.

1 Like

If only that was always the case!

2 Likes

I think you’re gonna see an increase in moderation needed. Because people will request edits erased.

Opinion or fact?

Tru dat.

once upon a time I almost let the opaline silica trick out of the bag accidentally.

I was positing a pic of a wrecked vacuum pump, and realized after the fact that there was a bag of oil-dry in the background.

I uploaded a cropped version and crossed my fingers…

1 Like

Opinion. There are supposed to be protections from changing too much of the original message but as we can see from moveweights novel above that doesn’t work too well. I might need to tighten that up too…

Nvm these settings just make a new revision if x characters are changed

Technically, novella

19 posts were split to a new topic: RFC: Right to be forggten, or not

Only 27 more edits u got this

1 Like

I don’t like it. simple post with links took 12 edits.
(&^$Q#)(_#)!(+)

1 Like

oh for fucks sake…

no. it’s not ok!!

1 Like

Mind showing me a link to the post with your issue?
How many edits was that before you got the message?

no edits period!

can’t edit the post above…

same response…

Ah,

Updated to 80, let me know if you trip it again and I imagine this setting is just for you.

2 Likes

In the screenshots above from the settings panel there is an option to instead make revisions based on how big the edit is (100-400 characters). Still would trip the revision counter if you paste big links.

1 Like

I agree I wasted almost 1/2 of my quota on a single post. thank you for your understanding. I’ll try not to actually post till all my links are lined up, but that requires multiple tabs so it can be a pain from a phone (not as big a problem at the moment).

1 Like

I hadn’t noticed just how aggressive my phone had become with correcting me till that ten second rule…

1 Like

The language of my people. lol

My writing skills are probably the worst on the forum. My texts aren’t any better but luckily I have a silver tongue when talking. I’ve recently been using Grammarly extension on google chrome. This extension can be DL for the iPhone.