ReXing THCa in pentane

yeah pretty much been dialing it in the last 2 weeks.

23 Likes
12 Likes

do the big chunks pass solvent residuals test or does it need to be broken down to pass

1 Like

i like to be at zero with my residuals so i purge the shit out of them lol and i go slower than most on the crash(i think) which is why mine are usually clear and not cloudy like the typical pentane diamonds. I havent ever done one that big i just wanted to see if i could lol i could of let it get bigger but i already have to break it to sell it :frowning: so i just took it out at day 8.

Ill try to purge and get a test sample off before i break it up, it’ll most likely be broken down to sell/testing so ill probably do that and purge just to make sure while im waiting on the testing to come back. I usually just go for 2-3 grammers so i can be done in a few days and i get those down under 100ppm no problem.

19 Likes

Your kidding… 100ppm…

Out of that insanly oversized boulder would be optimostic imo…

But I donr have pentane matetials layin around, so Im speaking from Etoh side…:slight_smile:
Thank god its 5000ppm its what I like about it mostly:)

Any way seriously nice glaciers man in a great timeline, quartz over 9000:).

Fun fact :“Its funny how my language calls quartz literally stoned lightning- literally :)))”

1 Like

everything you’ll need right here
those “minute details”

14 Likes

I wanna try this but now I’m super freaked out about using pentane. One thing I’m guessing is I do not wanna heat the pentane in the jar in my vac oven lol. I’ve been searching ReXing with pentane and recrystalization… maybe there’s a better thread I’m missing?

It won’t create pressure like butane will if you warm it up. I just wouldn’t open it up at that temperature. Try heptane if you want to play around and are worried about BP/FP

2 Likes

I poured some pentane into a mason jar to keep it when I took the lid off it went boof and about scared the shit outta me…no worse than jar butane doing the same thing though

Can’t you grow pentane stones at room temp

A good way to tell ur at the right amount pentane is drop a seed stone in…if it melts u got to much pentane

If it doesn’t really grow over next day or 2 still to much

If it starts growing then it’s perfect

10 Likes

I didn’t know that. I was assuming you would need a little heat to get the THCA to dissolve?

Cold pentane doesn’t dissolve THCa worth a shit.

8 Likes

You would need some heat.

Then after dissolved you drop temp. Mix together at the saturation ratio of choice, warm up to dissolve, drop temp and let the magic happen

6 Likes

Ok I really don’t want to waste anyone’s time if it’s been asked but I’ve been looking and didn’t see… is a capped jar in my vac oven a bad idea? Add THCA to pentane in jar, heat in oven capped, then let cool down (slowly) is what I was thinking (obviously without uncapping until cooled cuz FP)… this won’t be too much pressure for the jar?

3 Likes

You’re spot on. You can shake/swirl the jar to help break down the thca in the mother liquor

16 Likes

Per usual… you’re the man Dred

8 Likes

Thank you, sir. Just helping with what I’ve done myself

11 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: Molding thca w heat or pressure into shapes

I just so happened to call you today for a similar piece of information. Lol

3 Likes

I was gonna ask, what if I added enough heat to melt it…

I’m just gonna try it for myself.i

7 Likes