Review of Full Spectrum Terps

Most of the vendors listed are full spectrum and aren’t botanical terps. I know several are hemp sourced but can’t fully remember about @KaweahBravo or @Kinsmanofthesun but pretty sure theirs are canna sourced. Only two I can’t say for sure are @DenverTerpenes and @MassTerpenes in regards to full spectrum, but that’s how they have them listed on their site.

The only ones you listed that have websites are all botanical terps. No such thing as botanical blended full spectrum terps.
@DenverTerpenes @MassTerpenes @xtralaboratories are all botanical terps and not canna full spectrum terps. @kenzyme are hemp terps.
I am surprised you have not tried Floraplex since it appears you like botanical terps. They are 1/3 the price of Xtra LOL.

1 Like

Full spectrum is a term that has been used loosely across various parts of this industry for a few years now. If you asked ten different companies what they meant when used it you would get ten different answers. Some you may agree with, some you may not.

I cannot speak to what others mean by “full spectrum” but I will say that we do not care much about marketing gimmicks and those of you who know me personally can attest to that. You’re talking to someone who charges the lowest amount affordable on regular blends with 35+ isolates while the larger and more marketing-oriented companies are selling blends of literally 13 terpenes for 3-5 times more. I am not here to do business like that and if I call something full spectrum then I can assure you that the difference will be abundantly clear to you after smelling them. I’m not going to split hairs on what does and doesn’t qualify as full spectrum or sell you on some new ultra-proprietary innovative new tech. I think the products should do the talking. If I mail you a bottle of one of our “full spectrum terpenes” you would see the difference from ordinary botanical terpenes immediately. That’s all I really care to say.

Whether or not they are your individual preference is entirely your own decision, to say they are just your run of the mill botanical terpenes is inaccurate. I don’t blame you for assuming this. I don’t expect everyone to love them nor do I think they are better than what a lot of the guys on here are pulling with trace cannabinoids in them. I just think anyone with a pair of nostrils will be able to tell the difference immediately on these products. I wouldn’t still be here as a small business if I just pedaled the same stuff that everyone else is.

6 Likes

Cannabis has more like 100 terpenes so replicating a strain with 30 or so terpenes is still not full spectrum. I get it other companies use the term loosely so you do also. Either way you spin it I feel its a marketing gimmick. Maybe something like broader spectrum since it has more terps than your other replicated strain terps.
I checked every one of your full spectrum terps and only one has over 30 terps and 1 you list with 17 terps and at the bottom it says +15 isolates. Some you list as little as 6 so only 2 of your replicated strains has over 30 different terpenes/isolates listed. You also charge quite a bit more than others selling the same replicated strains. I have purchased over 12 1oz bottles since Floraplex sent me free samples to try. I pay a little over $3ml. Your full spectrum terps are $20-$25ml. I know you also sell non-full spectrum for about the same as Floraplex.
Hard for me to believe if you sent me a strain you replicated with 6 or so botanical terps it would be that much better if better at all than Floraplex. Now maybe one of your strains with 30+ terps might be.
As I am sure you noticed I did not single out only your company but every company calling botanical terps full spectrum.
BTW I have been using botanical terps for about 5-6 years. I think the only option for purchasing retail when I started using them was Connoisseur Concentrates. Shit is garbage and the owner is a real piece of work but little was known about the dangers of terps for cannabis back then.

Again, I would prefer to let the quality of the product do the talking. The offer still stands if you want to see for yourself. Until then, I kindly ask that you don’t assume things based off of a few minutes of reading the website. I will say the price would not be higher if they didn’t cost that much more for me. We also wouldn’t be having this conversation if someone didn’t like what they paid for.

You are not wrong. There are actually several hundred known aromatic organic compounds that comprise the cannabis aroma. The thing is, the vast majority of them occur at 0.01-0.1% in the essential oils and are not even detectable if you tested the flower directly. The terpenes listed on the product pages that you’re referring to only make up a small fraction of the profile as it feels misleading to list every single one when many are occurring at such a minuscule level. Even if that is the exact amount you would find them at in cannabis terpenes naturally.

I think Floraplex has some great blends and an outstanding price point so I’m not here to deter you from what you already like. You tagged my account so I am just here to communicate that if I say I’m selling something that’s different from the norm that I mean it and stand by that. I wouldn’t be offering to send you it free if I didn’t. I do have plans to better display this information more transparently in the near future but for the time being I would prefer to undersell these items for what they are. If that means losing potential customers who, like you, reasonably assume it’s just another blend of 30 terpenes, so be it. For the same reason I say orders will take 7 days to arrive in the mail then get them there in 4. Or say a variety pack comes with 7 bottles but quietly send them 9 or 10. Thats just how I prefer to do business.

1 Like

Fair enough DM sent.

Thanks @MFSmith for the review, we appreciate the support and your business.

And yes, we only offer cannabis derived terpenes, extracted directly from the cannabis biomass, the best representation of the plant we can offer.

Love to send you samples of our Terps to add to the review. DM me the address and I will send them out asap.

https://www.b2bterps.com/

Where is the best place to find cannabis or hemp derived terpenes? I’ve not had good experiences with botanical

Https://cart.farm/shop/

2 Likes

Gotta give a shout out to @PharmExOregon. We did a terp swap and I have to say, Fat Dog makes some mighty fine terps. Each is distinctive in aroma and flavor, the quality is top notch. Not sure what pricing is like, but from the flavors I’d say they are worth whatever they are asking. Our terps keep getting better and better, but these are already great.

image|666x500

5 Likes

terp trades are where its at.

2 Likes