Reverse phase media for THC remediation

I’ve been working directly with this company, Purolite- to develop SOPs for cannabinoid separations on the PGC series of resins

They use more solvent than RP Silica, but the columns last much longer

Call them direct and request a sample! And shoot me a DM if you want an SOP.

2 Likes

How does it compare the the GRM media?

2 Likes

It’s the exact same media, they purchased it and repackaged it, then lied about the source.

Green machine was just conning people into believing they invented it.

Classic hemp bro bullshit.

You can call purolite directly and pay $1000 a kg for singles- GRM sold it for 1400-1600 per.

The price drops down to like $400 a kg if you buy a 20kg bag I believe.

The chemist, Fred, is extremely knowledgeable and helpful- Ask to speak to him about any process and he will spend hours on the phone with you, I haven’t had such great customer service since learning GC operation from SRI.

3 Likes

I had a hunch you were going to say that.

The media we use has a very similar method but the loading volume was always a bit less than i could get with the grm sample i had.

Use a wider column.

You only need a column ten inches tall to get separation- sizing up the column means going wider, not packing it into a taller triclamp column.

People who only think in terms of BHO parts will have a shitty time designing skids for chromatography.

I’m using 100L stainless columns, i’ve tried with shorter fatter columns and the results were less separation vs the longer columns.

1 Like

Flow rate and pressure were not changed between columns though?

They were adjusted. Keep in mind this wasn’t with grms media though. Just another similar resin so that could be the issue.
I’m also not using nitrogen to push solvent like grm recommended, im using dosing pumps.

H2o content of mobile phase?

Meoh 80-85%