Restrictions on dry ice soon?

All horse shit.

They will be consuming as much dry ice over a year shipping as a commercial oak welder uses in a month.

1 Like

Next time tell him welding. They want to know if they can raise prices on you in canna.

3 Likes

Yup, I’m sure all our area suppliers are full of horse shit and are just telling us we can’t get dry ice and letting it sublimate in the back room while refusing to take our money.

Brother, some days you’re a fucking genius, and then there’s days like today…

5 Likes

100% correct. They’re looking to add the green tax. Many businesses will price match a previous quote.

2 Likes

makes alot of sense Ive done the same to fit parts. the local continental didnt ask questions and when they told me to pull around back the dumpster was full of dry ice sublimating. Next time im gonna dumpster dive it. It was probably due to halloween but whay would they throw it away?

1 Like

4 hour drive is the closest spot i can get it now. For 90 cents a pound. Otherwise meijer has 100 left for 2.40 a pound. They think 2 weeks minimum now til next comes in, instead of weekly. Thats as real as it gets.

2 Likes

eew and I fucked up my run again, i had water ina valve and it just wasnt flowing and I was going over and over but a bit of heat freed it and then now the oil is dark. its still liquid but im predicting its dark.

where are you in Michigan bro?

Most places ive seen only get 500 to 1000 lbs at a time too. How does that happen? Clean that condensation before it condenses in ya ports.

1 Like

Ludington area

1 Like

You can pick it up in Grand Rapids most days. Grand Rapids hydroponics has an extraction store too. Good prices on dry ice

I have a toddler. Hard to get away for the day without a gaurantee. I usually get it from GR or newago. The one place left in GR said they had maybe 300lb left in stock
ive spent alot over the years at that place, and the deuchbag said he wouldnt hold it for me while i drove the 2 hours one way to get it. Said id leave immediantly but wouldnt hold

For the extra hour(each way) Bret at Kalamazoo dry ice will make sure it’s there for you if you call first like that.

1 Like

Why does one need dry ice to weld oak

2 Likes

So I’m 19 days in to what is supposed to be a 3 week wait for my new So low freezer. Wonder if covid is gonna delay the delivery :thinking:

1 Like

I will tell you this uptick in covid cases is killing us customs. I can’t even tell you how long customs is delayed over the last month. Typically customs is only a few days. Lately, it’s taking weeks again.

It reminds me of March when covid started and customs were taking 3-5 weeks. This time around. It’s seems worse.

1 Like

likely depends on your supplier. Im buying dry ice stocks.

1 Like

Thats the way to go. How much are those?

1 Like

I ordered 3 tons of dry ice from china and when it showed up i got a bill from customs but the container was empty???

10 Likes

It’s about 10k I think. My BVV-86 went bad after 11 months. They didn’t have a replacement so they gave me a credit for what I paid, and I paid the difference for a new so low🤷‍♂️

Pretty sure so low is made here in the US so no customs