Restrictions on dry ice soon?

dry ice is going to cost more than the vaccine.

It better be for FREE. Our wonderful government should foot the bill 100%

They could use the emergency powers act to go around and seize freezers and dry ice equipment.

Maybe they will just confiscate Elonā€™s rockets. Strap the vaccine to the outside and take them to
Space. :flushed:

I wonder if this will put a damper on bottled co2.

1 Like

They claim thatā€™s the bottle neck. The companies they get co2 from as waste are all scaled down right now.

2 Likes

but dry ice is co2 so its bad. like plastic. Both are there to be made into a useful thing as they are byproducts.

im about to try a c0 2 run first time. Ill get a generator and hear the house at ahe same time.

Not that I know of

1 Like

the local dry ice guy is a pita, hes nosy and asks what i need it for and I say to freeze fish. that cant work forever though. he even asked what fish and i said lake trout which wouldnt be worth freezing with dry ice.

2 Likes

that would be hilarious if elon cures corona with some technology

my dry ice man is old.timer distributor been in it 20 yrs

hes claiming all the corn they had to throw away bc virus know one was buying enough it went badā€¦now they dont and the fuel to make dry ice why thereā€™s shortage

my guys out here and there but most time got it

im near many manufacturers and they have co2 silos. But the shit is about to hit the fan and they will soon only sell to covid I think.

Idk i feel like the demand is probably so low right now and factories/ gas plants are just itching to kick everything back up to 100% output. I dont think theres gonna be a shortage just from the vaccine

Just go fishing and bring him some frozen fish :sweat_smile:
Tell em
(ā€œI love my fish man, idk when shits gonna get locked down again and i need my fish for the natural omega vitamins bro, u just cant replicate that in the labs, i dont trust themā€ all while wearing a tin foil bracelet with 5G sharpied in with an X over it)

8 Likes

i can talk in a fake language like latka from taxi and show him a carp. he put the ice in the cooler, I should put fish in there first= BUt its FUCKING ILLEGAL TO FIsH NOW. Stay at home doesnt include fishing which is the definitiotion of BULLSHIT. You can shop for food but not catch or hunt it.

If that happens, the refrigerant distributers will make so much money because of the chiller maintenance people will have to do to deal with the dry ice shortage. DIY immersion coils will have to be figured out too.

2 Likes

@SidViscous?

didnā€™t you threaten a cascade chiller design?!?

5 Likes

in my area the refrigerant suppliers are also the dry ice manufacturers.

2 Likes

Continental Carbonic is the largest manufacturer in the Midwest. All large suppliers in Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio buy from them. Our only advantage is our proximity to their manufacturing facility in Albion MI.

Edit: they (continental carbonic) hate our industry and will not sell to us directly knowingly. Best cover story Iā€™ve came up with is a machine shop. My machine shop bores cylinders and re-sleeves them. We use the dry ice to shrink the cylinder sleeves so they slide right in.:+1:

1 Like

Absolutely horse shit.

Dry ice is a byproduct of petrol. They arenā€™t even able tp store as much as they make. They will have excess dry Iā€™ve when ever you want.

1 Like