Residue accumulating overnight near distillate side in WFE. Any Recommendations?

Hey everyone,
Could some please help me out with this issue please. We have been keeping WFE for THC distillation under vacuum overnight after turning it off. Since few days, I have been noticing residue getting accumulated in the distillate side when we are about to start the system on the next day. Just wandering is it something related with keeping system under vacuum overnight or its may be due to any other reasons.
Any leads would be appreciated.

Need more information.

Do you clean your equipment after your runs? Are your heating/cooling elements on as well, or just the vacuum pump?

3 Likes

It’s condensed vapor from within the still. Why do you do this?

5 Likes

Yes we do clean the equipment after each run. If the process take more than a day then when we stop use to keep under vacuum. Also we do have condenser and heater attached but we always those those two off when we stop the process in the night or between the shift change.

We thought but keep system sealed over night would all the materials in place and there would be less displacement. But not sure as its not working all the time

I bake my system after cleaning And leave it open to atmosphere. A sealed system with a vacuum doesnt help get contamination out, nor move it anywhere useful.

Your flask is likely colder than the inside of the unit and is acting like a condenser for the left over vapors

2 Likes

Thanks for your help!

1 Like

Anytime, good luck

1 Like

If youre worried about oxidization you can backfill the system with nitrogen (dont pressurize it, just let it fill up with no2 and seal it)