Researching honeycomb/crumble teks

Top one looked like it was done

6 Likes

I left it on a 4 hour timer in the oven when I leftā€¦ so it May be way overkill. It was a small test, I wasnā€™t sure how dry or crumbly I can get it. But Iā€™m pretty happy with the result of my first attempt. If itā€™s over done, now I know not to nuke it

4 Likes

Horn spoons work really well. https://m.ebay.com/itm/Horn-Spoon-Medicinal-ladle-with-Spatula-Length-200mm-/231114747129?_mwBanner=1&_rdt=1

7.8 inches

2 Likes

I wonder if itā€™s like whipping fudge. Meaning I wonder if the atmospheric pressure of the day youā€™re whipping on and duration of whipping has an ultimate play on how well itā€™ll come out.

4 Likes

Can you obtain nucleation by pressing rolling stable shatter into a ball and then pressing it with an unheated press and repeat with various stretching periods along with a few unheated vac purges?

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone in the thread. Inspired me to take some sloppy old trim shatter I had sitting around and made it into something Iā€™d actually dab, haha.

10 Likes

No vac. Especially for finished shatter. Just heat and agitation

7 Likes

Thatā€™s all it takes, hot plate and whip game.

6 Likes

No hot plate. Thatā€™s too hot. 115f~

But yes. Just heat and whip

3 Likes

Hey so if I could do same thing with no heat at all wouldnā€™t that help retain terps?

1 Like

Definitely donā€™t cook it but it needs to be warm while you whip it. Just pick up a cheap temp gun and watch you temp.

2 Likes

Heat is needed. Iā€™ve done it under 100f, though

3 Likes

Pyrex plate on a heating manle turned to 30Ā°C?

Little warmer because of the heat transfer through the glass. Youā€™d be there all day trying to get it warm. A slides warmer is ideal. But I do currently use a heated stir plate.

3 Likes

I googled it , they look it. Small ones are pretty cheap around 225$

1 Like

A friend told me about them recently and I canā€™t wait to get one. There are so many uses in my lab for it in my workplace

1 Like

Itā€™s so weird. That first night I tried it, I grabbed some shatter that was sitting in my freezer and I nailed it right away. Ever since then Iā€™ve tried whipping it right out of the collection pot, and tried with newer shatter Iā€™ve made and Iā€™ve completely failed to replicate it :frowning: itā€™s either way too buttery and not shatter, or even the shatter I try now gets way to sticky and I cannot stretch and manipulate it :confused: I was so happy with my first attempt results and since then can not get that result :frowning:

1 Like

Looked a ā€œslide warmerā€ upā€¦ What are you using it for? Examining samples?

Hotter will dry, a vac pull will do the same

U lose terps but at some point u may have to if u donā€™t like wet budder

Also u may be getting some sugar it looks like

@Dred_pirate Iā€™d love to hear what the masterbudder man thinks

2 Likes

https://www.amazon.com/SCIENTIFIC-XH-2001-Slide-Warmer-Display/dp/B0018EV1N2

Heat specific hot plate

6 Likes