Requirements for processing lab in Oklahoma (c1d1)

What does a lel meter and intrinsic camera and lighting cost?

Exhaust

What is the price of drywall?

This was to convert existing space into c1d1 not making a slab and a building.

You sound expensive to work with.

1 Like

Just do it the right way the first time?!?! What am I missing here

You’re missing the cost of certification and technical review by a PE and you’re definitely missing the cost of a decent automated control system and fire suppression.

Intrinsically safe and exp devices that are new are expensive unless you’re going straight to Appleton or killark with is pretty difficult to do.

I dunno, I haven’t seen the quality of the build but for 30k I doubt it’s great.

$0.02

Fire suppression isn’t required with 150 lbs in these jurisdictions

Engineer and architect were already doing the grows in most spots

Even at $200 an hour for each it is wayyyyy less than a booth.

If you like booths I’m not going to argue with you. Like booths.

Shitty picture but you can see intrinsic equipment and fire caulked bulkheads.

Fire Marshall, OLCC, engineers and architects seems to like it ok. So did al the touring guests from other labs and all the vendors

But what do I know, I don’t even have an engineering degree, I just pay guys that do

1 Like

This.

You want to build a piece of shit in the middle of the desert. Go ahead.

You can’t do that in cities.m

This is Eugene.

It’s a city.

It doesn’t require fire suppression for 150 lbs of solvent

“Experts”

For argument sake let’s say some jurisdictions do require suppression for 150 or over 150 without multiple burn areas

What does that fire suppression system cost?

Still way lower cost than a booth.

And my contractor wouldn’t appreciate the piece of shit comments. He does very good work.

And what do you do?

Argue with “experts” online apparently

1 Like

K

Edit: Enjoy building booths without fire suppression and peer reviews for 30k. Your clients will love you when the fire Marshall makes them change shit on an annual basis.

Edit 2: this conversation is about building booths in Oklahoma. Have you ever done that? Or are ya just going to assume that the way you do it in Eugene is fine down here. I personally know at least 5 Oklahomans who have been shut down for months because the building department wants a pre-fab booth with a peer review and fire suppression.

In Oklahoma, you know the place the topic was made about…

3 Likes

I have those in my emails too.

Want to just exchange dick pics instead to save time and see who’s is bigger?

You the expert told me I couldn’t do something that is totally compliant. I wonder what that would have cost the lab if you were the guy doing the build?

I’m sure I can learn some things from you too.

:hugs:

Lab has been operational for 3 years. The onetime peer review that was also required for the extraction equipment was and is and will always be satisfactory.

Anything else you want to be wrong on before I hop out to lunch?

I would contact the guys specific municipality and see what was allowed as the first step.

At that point I may ascertain that a booth is indeed a better option.

I wouldn’t assume anything.

I have only done a hemp buildout in OK so I DO NOT have specific medical Oklahoma mj extraction experience.

But NFPA codes and standards are a good place to start a proposal to bring to a local architect and their engineer and then to to the local building code and zoning guys and fire dept.

You’ve assumed your approach would work in Oklahoma City. It won’t.

What is a booth?

It’s an intrinsically safe, semi-permanent structure with a burn rating and exhaust.

Shipping in a metal box makes the fire Marshall’s happy?

Im going to call them and make an appointment with the unlucky fuck they assigned cannabis to and see if they are as adverse to drywall or mfg panel as you say. I don’t have a crystal ball.

I’m not assuming anything.

Go for it man, you’ll be surprised to learn that the building department makes it near impossible to build a compliant facility.

They originally wanted the booths to be UL listed… I tried several times to build a room instead of using a pre-fab and even with a ton of supporting documentation and designs they shot it down every time.

They’re just purposefully stonewalling folks.

Edit: to drive the point home, I once proposed a room with a 3-hr fire rating and for some reason they didn’t think it was good enough.

The logic of the building superintendent is “if it’s listed and labeled then the liability falls on the listing company”

Technically IBC and IFC 2018 say you can use something listed OR that is given a technical review by a design professional—OKC amended that to ONLY allow “listed” booths, which actually don’t exist unless you have UL/TUV/NRTL or another come out and make you spend $50k plus to make happen.

See…I’m learning all kinds of things from you already best friend.

This is also a good reason to put retail in cities and production in the boonies.

Transport is always more cost effective than dealing with city slickers.

3 Likes

Exactly—30 minutes north of OKC in Logan county you can do virtually whatever the hell you want, no problems, no inspections, nothing.

Edit: Just if anyone reads this, you’re still subject to the state fire Marshall’s inspection

Edit 2: if you’re doing BHO, you are now required to get a permit for non-odorized LPGs from the LPG board.

8 Likes