Request for review of legal arguments

I’ve been spending some time recently wondering how I can become more involved in the cannabis community upon legalization of recreational marijuana; the law, of course, is geared towards “marijuana establishments” for selling cannabis and explicitly prevents the remuneration for the transfer of cannabis.

I have no problem with this, as I have no desire to sell cannabis. Instead, I wish process cannabis for others, particularly cancer patients. Likewise, I wish to provide those patients in need with as much cannabis as they require at no cost to them.

On the face of it, there are no issues with any of the above. Until you wish to be paid for doing any of the work. When asked in a public forum with a cannabis attorney, they quickly pointed to the no remuneration clause in the section dealing with the transfer of marijuana as a reason for why you could not receive payment.

With all due respect to the attorney, I believe they haven’t fully considered the argument; to this end, I have spent the last few days reading the relevant sections of the law, taking my notes, and I believe there is reason to believe I can indeed seek remuneration for services provided.

I have compiled a document detailing the sections of the law, how they do not pertain to the activities in question, and what I believe is a reasonable interpretation of the law as it was intended.

I intend to present this document to the attorney (and possibly others), before I do so, I would like to request input on the document and it’s arguments from those interested, in the community.

As the document contains identifying information, I do not want to publicly share it here at this time. I will share it privately with anyone whom would like to review it. I hope to receive constructive criticism (but I’ll take what I can get) to help fortify my arguments, or perhaps, show how I could not be correct in my arguments.

The document is 24 slides long.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.