Request for medicine and formulation from an industry pro. Nerve Pain remedies anyone?

You mentioned that he is affected from the chest down. Does he breathe on his own? Is his diaphragm affected? Just curious as to routes of administration of medicine.

it will not pass.

Yes. That is my understanding.

UPDATE: Hold on to those meds and forumulations for me. I am working on an address. His release from hospital has been delayed. As soon as I have an address, I will get it to you wonderful people who have messaged me. This hits me right in the feels.

3 Likes

Its C3 and C4 injuries 100% cant breath. C4 and C5 you still have a CHANCE you will be able to breath on your own, but more likely to have PARTIAL breathing. C6 and C7 you can most definitely breath on your own.

@Sidco_Cat the wife has a more favorable opinion than I do. My best friend is a spine doc, Iā€™m going to run it by him. He is down to our cause, he hands out my business cards on the daily.

The reason Iā€™m the nay sayer, is this is not related to inflmation at this point. BUTā€¦ :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Your definitely going to have better luck if you go with inhalable or buffable meds. Iā€™d be cautious with inhalable meds if he has partial breathing impairments.

This is definitely beyond my CBD license.

6 Likes

Little or no cannabinoid receptor 2 immunoreactivity was found in sections of naive rat or mouse dorsal root ganglia or spinal cord. This was in accord with the lack of detectable cannabinoid receptor 2 mRNA in (dorsal root ganglion) neurons by in situ hybridization experiments described in the literature. However, we could detect cannabinoid receptor 2 immunoreactivity following unilateral nerve damageā€”either by sciatic nerve section, or by spinal nerve ligation. It was localized to the superficial laminae of the dorsal horn of the spinal cord, ipsilateral to the nerve damage, coincident with the area of termination of damaged afferents

if spinal cord ligation induces CB2 receptor expression, then cannabindoids are absolutely a valid response to the problem at hand. not yet a proven one. but one worth trying when other method have failed, and I suspect most of us here are believers or we wouldnā€™t be here.

as far as appropriate ROA? dunno.

7 Likes

Before anyone starts formulations and cannabis-based treatment regimens, please readā€¦

Management of Neuropathic Pain Associated with Spinal Cord Injury.pdf (366.9 KB)Characteristics of Individuals with Spinal Cord Injury Who Use Cannabis for Therapeutic Purposes.pdf (4.2 MB)

In the following is a testimonial from a C6-7 SCI concerning CBD.

CBD and SCI - New Mobility.pdf (1.1 MB)

3 Likes

Would be happy to gift some CBDa topical products as well as softgels. Once you have an address let me know and we will get them shipped.

1 Like

CT guided injected short and long lasting anesthetics and multiple lidocaine patches. Weed is for the mind deal w constant pain imo