Replacement Panda spouts --MODDED PANDA--

yeah i did; at the time, 2ish years ago large format 3D printing was cost prohibitive, its a little cheaper now days; if people are interested I can bust out a few, the original base and top are pretty terrible, they break tooo much, when im back in oregon ill shoot an image of my prototype. shit i even put an air motor in one, it sucked, but was a fun project

3 Likes

Ya man post up some renderings so we can see what they look like

@RockSteady thanks bro I’ll place an order now!

Definitely looking forward to your next releases too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Still backordered. :cry:

3 Likes

Welcome @dmeiners thanks for posting! To bad I know hopefully there will be more someday! Enjoy the forum!

4 Likes

Hey yeah they are backordered for another week or two, did another order the other day. i get them in and they sell out pretty quick. ill post on this thread again when im fully restocked! thanks for the support!

5 Likes

I ordered 2 on September 2nd, paid via paypal. No word six weeks later. Have sent complaint to PayPal. Forum beware.

1 Like

refunded in total; your order probably got buried around the time i was changing up my websites payment stuff. sorry for the inconvenience. DM me an addy and ill still ship two free of charge for the inconvenience.

10 Likes

Awesome service @RockSteady i need one too are they in stock?

3 Likes

Yessir I have a few left of this batch

4 Likes

Thank you, but more than happy to pay you for your efforts supporting community. Still need the spouts, I’ll resubmit payment via your website if that works. You have address?

5 Likes

Any idea on when there will be more available? Your website lists it as backordered.

3 Likes

whatcha spinning?

can I come watch?

7 Likes

I’ve got to make some ethanol crude from some beautiful 20+% trim to fulfill the clients request for RSO. It’s the one concentrate they have under their brand oddly. Working with them to move to some BHO production as their trim material is of high quality.

You’re welcome to watch. I think there will already be an audience of two actually…so it may turn into a BBQ…after the ethanol is put away lol

7 Likes

we got any of these bad larries in stock? Bout to order one

1 Like

Good luck with that. No response is my experience when DMing.

Instead, use some foil tape for duct work and wrap the panda spout to avoid contact with ethanol.

I ended up getting one of his spouts off another member, but it never actually sealed on the panda. Sheet metal isn’t the best thing to try and run screws into to securely hold an o ring gasket sealed flange of any kind. So I actually had to buy a second panda after destroying the original spout and this rocksteady one not working.

2 Likes

hmm- so is there no other contact with plastics in a panda? I’m sure we can fashion some sort of solution

1 Like

Do you have a 3d printer? I actually designed one myself out of PETG and its great. You can use the old gasket to make an awesome seal. Happy to send you a part file. Still a WIP though.

5 Likes

We do not but we could always order it from thingiverse or some place- yeah the file would be great! Thanks!

1 Like

Panda Spout 2 (1).stl (2.2 MB)

This is still a work in progress, while this is a great spout for going into buckets, I actually am working on a model the goes to a 1.5" triclamp instead, I just haven’t had the time to actually print it. As for the holes, they are countersunk pretty deep and align with the screw holes for the factory spout. To make them fluid tight, I took 2 hex head machine screws (I don’t know thread size or length), with 2 neoprene washers on the inside with a washer and a wingnut. Hasn’t leaked since.

As for printing settings/materials it’s PETG (polyethylene glycol terephlalate glycol) at 0.12mm layer height. All 1 piece, minimal support material (supports couterbores).

Improvements for next time:
1.5" TC outlet
Deepening gasket groove for joining with body
Possibly changing fastener size.

3 Likes