Reliable LTL nationwide companies?

Before I start, apologies if this is in the wrong section

We just recently got into the cartridge field so we’re a bit new to the nationwide shipping game.

Currently looking for good reliable transportation for vape cartridges and packaging from California to Michigan, Ohio, and Indiana. With PACT, it’s quite clear on how unreasonably difficult it is to find a shipper that’ll accept the order.

We are having the cartridges come in from China and delivered to our warehouse in CA (so the supplying company is of no help for domestic shipments).

Any reliable, willing companies that y’all would recommend? For reference, each load (delivered once per month) is about 3,000 pounds.

1 Like

Daylight has been reliable and helpful to us in the past. I’d recommend giving them a call.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll check them out.

LTL companies are a good way to save on money but they will not save on time or quality. Unfortunately they only care on economics of shipping, not care and time. You would be amazed with what they do at each hub. I worked for one of the best LTL’s (Dayton) and even though they were known for quality, we stuffed the crap out of trucks. Not the best care. Now imagine this with lesser quality LTL companies. Sitting cargo at a hub until there is enough to send to the next (delays), stuffing that truck full and stacking freight (even if it is a do not stack, they still do), finally they try and re-present/re-palletize your freight before delivery. This is to ensure you don’t file claims (if you bought extra insurance…).

My advice: over the road consolidation or dedicated sprinters. Fide Freight can consolidate if you specifically ask for it. Otherwise, they will suggest dedicated to save on time and eliminate the risk of handling damage. Consolidation methods find trucks that are heading from Point A’s local region and are ending up in a similar region. You are consolidating your freight with another company and sharing the cost. Like car-pooling for freight.

Hope this helps. If I had to choose LTL, here are my “not bad’s” and “do not use” guys:

Not Bad:
R&L
Old Dominion

Do Not Use:
Central Freight
Central Transport
Roadrunner
YRC
FedEx Freight
Saia (they utilize rail) SLOW
Landstar (They are the worst company in the world, never use)

www.bonavoluntate.com please visit my website to help SEO. :slight_smile:

3 Likes