Relative Humidity % for Material N600 CLS

I just purchased my first entire cls, the 2lb Mercurius and am trying to figure out an economical way to removing the moisture in my biomass without damaging the terpenes. I may be wrong but from what I’ve read this is at around 110*. I would be processing about 2-4 lbs each day. If you have any ideas of something that would work, please let me know. Thank you

assuming you’re not talking actually drying the biomass, but just going from “smokable” to “perfect for extraction”.

try Search results for 'dehume extraction' - Future4200
looks like this hint is mostly given “off topic”.

prep a couple of days in advance.
at that scale, a small dehumidifier and a sealed box.
make sure you plumb the water out of the box.

1 Like

Are you saying dry your material at 110°f?

2 Likes

missed that!

yeah, 110f is a hair warmer that I’d go.
maybe 78F if I was in a hurry. but only for a few hrs.

1 Like

https://tosotdirect.com/products/open-box-tosot-70-pint-dehumidifier?variant=15557489328171

Has the all important drain hose fitting, so you can direct the water you remove out of your “dehume-room”

Although exactly where you go from there I don’t know. Lots of folks use grow tents.

1 Like

@cyclopath I have an economy dehumidifier in my flower room that I could spare for a day or two and was thinking this same thing, small area enclosed with material on 1/8 (#8) hardware cloth. I would assume that any moisture would cause some sort of issue with texture or color. Since, I don’t currently have funding for anything new (currently living in cardboard box due to the cost of this project), finding an inexpensive alternative to costly equipment is sought temporarily. Thank you for your advice!

Hydrocarbon or ethanol extractions are both better performed with material that is drier than ideal for “smokable”. Heat will darken final product.

Chase down some of the hits to that search query for other views on the subject.

Lots of folks extract without reducing the water content and get decent results. And then there’s “fresh frozen” or “live resin”…

1 Like

@Idab916 Yes, 110* is far too much heat in any circumstance. Low and slow is how I dry my flowers, 14 days, in the dark, all fans on high, at 54*-58* running dehumidification at constant 0 RH for the first 3-4 days, raising the RH to around 60-65 RH after that for the remainder. I have been fortunate to have negligible mold issues.Keeping my dehumidification during flower at 45 helps tremendously as well as dry out the soil enough to eliminate root rot and lower the population of fungus gnats.

@cyclopathWow, 78* wow, that’s going to be hard to get down to outside of flower room but I will try this or get as close as I can. This material is going to be A’s/Trimmed/3 months old/in 55 gallon drum/in ground/constant 70*. I do however live in a state that currently feels like the surface of the sun and have plans to run the mercurius outside :confused: Not an ideal situation but my next run will be ready in about 3-4 weeks :slight_smile:

1 Like

@cyclopath That’s not a bad deal at all! I’m going to see what I can do with my available equipment and hold out for the Quest 105.

@cyclopath I’ve seen some threads on FF and LR which I am absolutely interested in! My next purchase will be in the distillation area for sure!