Refining terps

That’s fucking great man.

2 Likes

That’s cool. I love the smells and flavors from Canna.

1 Like

We can get you a few samples of hemp essential oils…

3 Likes

Agreed. I think everyone has lost site of what “cannabis derived terpenes” really are— extremely diverse essential oils. 99% terpenes sounds cool but the 1% of other compounds is going to be more influential to taste and smell. We’ve been told for years that “this strain smells like mangoes because of myrcene” but no one mentions the fact cannabis naturally produces a number of the exact same fatty acid esters we use to make mango flavored candy. Same goes for hundreds of other extremely powerful chemicals.

I think people are just targeting the wrong compounds altogether and the lack of comprehensive testing of all the essential oil constituents is giving people the wrong end goal.

9 Likes

It’s really hard to see some of them with just one GC-MS method. That’s why my buddy, the baller analytical chemist, gave me a paper using GC-GC. Essential oil folks have been using this for a minute.

Also, there are only a few labs that have all the standards they can find.

2 Likes

We’d be much obliged.

Send them to

California Cannabinoids
414 Lesser St., Suite 102, Oakland, CA 94601

DM me your name again for acknowledgement.

Btw, a lot of HTE can be lips and assholes. It’s all over the place in terms of profiles. Y’all are doing something different.

2 Likes

Got test results back from this batch of terps. Thoughts?

3 Likes

Getting the terp refinement dialed in.

Smell great.

17 Likes

Looking great! Care to share any of the changes you made to improve your process?

2 Likes

I guess I expected more terps to read out in the analysis, and less TAC.

Looks like 15% detectable terps, 20% TAC. Interesting and not what I would’ve guessed!

Hi dude, that look great This with ether? What media do you use finaly?
Thanks

Hey what’s up @Vegeta , yes I used ether. And I used a filtration bed consisting of filter paper, Celite, T5, Silica.

3 Likes

When people say ether what does that mean? I looked into it and I’m seeing dimethyl and diethyl ether.

Also found this video which has me wondering if one could get permitted to make their own DME synthesis - FLEDGED

3 Likes

How you doing bro, I used diethyl then rotovaped it just to get any impurities out.

3 Likes

hey @NewLevelProcess i have some specific questions regarding a minor amount of ethyl ether plz dm me

Great thread @Swet254k

2 Likes