Reducing smell in tent without carbon filter

Hello. Me again, I’m gonna be on here a lot tbh lol. But wanted to ask everyones thoughts on putting a cup of charcoal, regular charcoal, in my tent to reduce smell. Mom recommended it to me so I came here to ask if it could work.

Just get a carbon filter?

11 Likes

You’ll want it to be in the exhaust flow.

The stink will always escape faster than it can find a cup of carbon sitting in the room.

5 Likes

When I first grew I didn’t have a carbon filter. Threw a bunch of carbon from a closet pack inside of socks. Threw them sumbitches in my 4" exhaust line worked just like a carbon filter. But yeah unless you’re not venting out or in, I would just pick up a carbon filter and exhaust fan your plants will thank you.

1 Like

Activated carbon for aquariums would work better, but then you have to make a filter and just end up reinventing the wheel when you should just buy a carbon filter.

Ozone is very effective odor control, but you have to mix it into exhausted air that goes outside your house.

2 Likes

I have an inline yes

I just need something temporary until I can buy a filter.

If your local, I’m about to do a carbon scrubber swap out. I’ll have a few available free. They will need to be reversed blown out before use to rid any dust n what not.

A few 4’ tall ones, and 2x short/fat 80# scrubbers.

All phresh filters. No prefilter socks come with these.

4 Likes

I am probably not local no. I appreciate the offer though:)

Ok so you have inline fan exhaust. Is it attached to a line or just on the side of your tent? If you have a line “duct” just smoked so can’t think of name for it, put some aromatics in a sock lol and stuff it in the duct. If you just have the fan hanging on the side of the fan wrap a t-shirt with whatever aromatics you can think of febreeze orange peels whatever.

Full disclosure I’m high as fuck and just thinking of random shit I would do if my tent needed some smell control.

1 Like

Tried it all, nothing but inline scrubbers really work.

When I first started, I dunno how much money I wasted trying to diy some crap for soooo many things in a grow. Bad choice.

If I had to do it all again, I’d do it right the first time and buy the right equipment one time.

If you’re in the us, amazon has inline scrubbers for 40 bucks.

2 Likes

If your ONLY exhausting outside (and not near any windows going back in), add an ozone gen to your exhaust ducting. This will 100% negate any mj smell.

3 Likes

My inline is like this

Had to work with what I have. Temps are down from 90+ to 75-82 depending on a lot of factors. My state is constantly changing in temps.

I’ll look into it thank you.