Reducing Harvestright Freeze Drying time

Have been having the hardest time drying my bubble hash in less than 25 in my harvestright 7 panel freeze dryer. I have been setting the shelf temp to 55 degrees Fahrenheit (The recommended temp) with a 6 hour freeze time and an 18 vacuum dry time. The harvest right has been continuing to extend the cycle bc the material inside has failed to dry. At first I thought it could have been the tech I was using when placing the bubble on the treys but then I changed (started to place the bubble on the treys thinner and more soupy) and it has yet to fix the issue. Any insight or suggestions? Thanks a lot friends

IR lamp through the window can speed things up a fair bit. Heat transfer under vacuum can be a challenge. More vacuum also helps sometimes. The deeper you pull the worse the heat transfer but the lower the boiling point

1 Like

You need to thoroughly strain out the water from the BB hash first by squeesing the water out through the bubble bag when harvesting. As you load it into the freeze dryer with the consistency somewhat like peanut butter you should just about be able to spread it onto the shelves with a silicone spatula. I also advise on using parchment paper also.