Redisolving chrystalized thca

How do you redisolve thca that’s chrystalized ?

What solvent? Usually heat and agitation or if necessary more solvent. Be prepared and safe with the other things that happen from above parameters. (Pressure, extra solvent offgassing etc)

7 Likes

Only have butane on hand but I’m assuming I’ll need something else?

Are you trying to recrystallize or keep it in solution? Will anything else be present in the mixture? It seems like you have several options depending on your end goal.

1 Like

Butane will work just fine… Pentane is used for recry usually

2 Likes

What are you trying to accomplish? Rerunning through crc?

Recry to make diamonds?

Please don’t hang glass solvent bottles like a windchime if you plan to use pentane you can just pour it out of the bottle.

7 Likes

Chrysalides in your THCA?

You’ve got my vote for member of the moth.

11 Likes

Why can’t you respect the forum and utilize our search function? Why do you insist on asking basic ass redundant questions? Why do we continue to entertain this shit? HNY everyone!!

8 Likes

just have some stuff that went threw old crc media and looks like it could use another pass through some fresh media, want to be sure there’s no chrystals that are gonna get caught in my crc

I’m confused on how butane works to dissolve Chrystals when it also works to grow them ? Don’t want to have the opposite of my intended effect

Read about solvent saturation, and you’ll learn how to either dissolve them, or grow them. It’s really dependent on solvent amount and saturation. Saturation is controlled through temp… Grow yourself some rock candy maybe you’ll understand it a little better (or read about it)

8 Likes

What solvent was used when it went through CRC the first time?

As solvent gradually evaporates from your solution, there will reach a point where there is no longer enough liquid solvent to keep your dissolved THCa in solution.

At this point your THCa can’t do anything but fall out of solution. Thca falling out of solution and organizing itself as it does so is crystallization.

7 Likes

I can see it now… Mason Jar windchimes!

5 Likes

Ethanol

The threads are typically filled with off topic banter, and often times using search terms yields completely off topic threads that only briefly mention the subject…- this whole shoot someone for asking a question thing seems more like hazing than anything else to me.

5 Likes

Thanks for this

Just dissolve it 10:1
That is putting the concentrate in a pressure vessel ie an empty tank, add solvent, warm it up, look thru a sight glass, see when it’s melted, and run it thru the crc

3 Likes

Thanks, I just put them on ignore

Perfect ! Thanks man . Will do exactly that

1 Like