Red Ring of Death

The natural solution is the inclusion of the plant waxes in the product if those compounds can be captured without degredation. I posted a post that shows an extreme version of wax inclusion in a way because it used so much plant wax in contrast to likely how much is really needed. I have tested this and it seems to hold off the red oxidation that happens with the cannabinoids.

Here is an example of the compound and the waxes side by side with the waxes yet to be harvested from the cold finger.

Here is the same stuff now being mixed in. The waxes sit on top of a layer of THC that accumulates before waxes when being driven up to the cold finger so stirring back in the white wax also stirred in a lot of THC.

Now here is the compound overnight after a vac chamber run. The compound is barely tacky to the touch and clear but now opaque instead of gem like. I have found that this compound lasts a long time when exposed to air and left out.

There is a tart sort of flavor detectable to me but otherwise it is still very high potency. It would of course test as a lower percentage in a lab test. On the other hand it is 100% natural and I have a hunch you might know where to find some wax… lolz. So,the advantage here is you know plant waxes are proven safe because folks use them all the time to vape. The same cannot be said for some other solutions. I would likely not even disclose the technique per se other than the fact you left natural anti oxidants in the material to prevent the natural aging of the compound into red indicating CBN formation (not an altogether bad thing for some. A little red makes this stuff delightful to me if just very little).

This may not be a solution for your customers of course but that speaks to marketing. Most folks I know would never ever know the difference between that clear dab above and the dab below unless I explained it. Good luck. I have posted this before but messed it up so a few of the pictures are repeats.

6 Likes